Thread: Solana Seeds
View Single Post
Old November 26, 2009   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I think three of the varieties I grew from Solana seeds in 2008 are not available anywhere else including not the SSE Yearbook. I'll check that again when I get a chance to make sure before naming them and drawing fire. I mean blue moons are rare even though they occur from time to time.
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they had varieties that weren't in the SSE YEarbook at one point in time. It's a great collectiob of now about 4700 tomato varieties but there are other sources as well. You might want to check Tomodori and Ventmarin as well and also Tania's site.

But I'd be curious to know what they are anyway.

How about Bulakowski? That's a variety that was sent to me and I totally forgot to list it or offer it in a seed offer or whatever. I thought I might offer it in my next seed offer even though the seeds are about 5 yo now.

Travis, I don't know which SSE YEarbook you might be looking at or even the online version, but there are varieties that I know, some of them mine, that folks stopped listing for one reason or another, it happens to everyone at some point, and then SSE itself comes back sometimes and relists some of those varieties and sometimes not.