View Single Post
Old November 8, 2009   #13
Blueaussi
Tomatovillian™

Remy, I'll describe the seasoning peppers I've tried.

Trinidad Perfume has great flavor, but little to no heat.

Grenada Seasoning has that back of the throat heat that says habanero to me, but it's mild. It tastes a bit more like a hab than the other seasoning peppers.

Trinidad Seasoning is my favorite red seasoning pepper, but it's become very difficult to get. A lot of folks confuse it with Tobago Seasoning, and some insist they're the same pepper; but I've grown both, and they not the same pepper.

Tobago Seasoning is thinner fleshed than Trinidad Seasoning, and has a consist ant mild heat, while Trinidad Seasoning has little to no heat. Tobago Seasoning also tastes more like a hab, while Trinidad Seasoning tastes sweeter.

Zavory was more like the Trinidad Seasoning, and I'm wondering if it was bred from it. Trinidad Seasoning became hard to get the year Zavory was released, and it kinda made me suspicious.

I've grown Aji Dulcie I and II, but they were unremarkable enough that I would have to get into my notes to see why I decided not to grown them again.

St Lucia never produced for me. The plant grew tall and beautiful, but I didn't get a single pepper from it.

Puppy is a really prolific mild hab that I used to grow mostly to make poppers for my mother. Nice flavor on peppers that look like red jelly beans, but the flesh is soft, and they don't hold well.

The Aji Panca is a mild chinense that I described above.
Blueaussi is offline   Reply With Quote