Thread: Micro-organisms
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2009   #9
beeman
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Hythloday View Post
I have not been to the woods, but I do have a worm bin. I have made a concoction of steamed brown rice - then I add uncooked ground wheat germ/oat bran/flax seed molasses put it all in a cheap nylon stocking and bury it in the worm bin for 4-10 days, basically until I'm ready to brew some AVCT.
I've never looked at my AVCT under a microscope but I'm sure it's good for the soil. A lot of the things I have done this year don't have any scientific proof to my knowledge, but they do make sense.
I have made many concoctions such as LB lacto bacillus, BIMs from corn, tomato, cucurbits(cuke-watermelon-squash), banana, potato, (pest deterrent)
Yiippeeeee!
A like minded individual, I was begining to think I was alone on this site.
Thank you for the links, perhaps I should move over to GW?
Here is a link for the 'non-believers' who might want to look at new ideas, rather than stick in the mud.
http://www.apnan.org/APNAN%20Manual.pdf It's a long article, but well worth a read.

I have one question. I make cheese during the winter which produces quite large amounts of whey, perfect for the new gardening ideas, provided to will store. How can I keep it healthy until next spring, as we can't garden in the snow which is just about due.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote