View Single Post
Old October 13, 2009   #14
Salty_Dog
Tomatovillian™

Brilliant idea on the recycling of the Mix. It isn't always cheap, so i can see the benefit in doing it.
I see Ray suggests just removing the top section of the Earthtainers then re-dressing it etc, i must admit, i do wonder how you do this with a massive root system in the way? And just like planting in the ground, if it is a good idea to reuse Mix the next season... Alas, that is why i am here i guess... to learn

Yes i too bought some Mix that was cheap, normal price here is somewhere around $6.95 to $9.95 AUD for a 15ltr bag.
Aldi (a budget German Supermarket) had bags for $2.69ea, it was hard not to buy some, so i bought 10
It also didn't come with a ingredient make up on the side, so it was hard to tell what i bought really.

It sure could of done with the Perlite.

Here are some pics of where i am at now... pls don't hold back on the comments, as i have little experience in telling what my plants are doing by sight (outside the obvious)

Heirlooms in SWC, Black Russian and Green Zebra
Note: They weren't doing so well before i planted them in the SWC, so i hope they come around.

Heirlooms in 6inch pots ready for new SWC to be built or they may just go in large traditional pots

Sweet Bite

Hybrid Apollo waiting to be planted out

More Sweet Bite that i have had inside from cold snap
Salty_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote