View Single Post
Old October 13, 2009   #4
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

I mostly plant in ground. I picked up this SWC because I like growing cherry tomatoes on the deck. Pop out the door and pick a few for a salad, etc. So with that said, I don't know much about container growing at all. I do know that I like this because I only have to fill it every 2 or 3 days in the hottest of weather. Otherwise, I probably would have just used a big regular pot.
The soil that came with this SWC doesn't have any ferts in it. I see it has myco, but don't see a listing for any ferts.
So in this case, I think mixing the ferts in with the soil would be like using a MG potting soil, or something similar. And really, when the plant starts to put on fruit, it's time to give it a boost whether you plant in ground or container, IMO. I suppose you could use liquid or the slower release type granular since everything is contained anyway?
But like I said, I'm an in ground grower, so don't take my opinions as gospel or anything LoLoL
T-ville has lots and lots of container growers as members. They'll be able to give you much better advice