View Single Post
Old August 2, 2009   #19
tjg911
Tomatovillian™

hi mark,

no i dropped the netzero address in april 2008 when i bought a new pc and switched to dsl, dialup was just too slow. i sent you an email giving you my new email address so i'm surprised you are not using that address. why didn't you use the tomatoville pm/email? anyway i'll pm you to give you my email plus i need yours as i don't have it.

i don't read or post at the other place all that much other than the allium form. i followed your plight with LB and the discussions of why organic is safer or better. i bite my tougne about organic. some heated opinions were being tossed. i decided to stay organic even if it meant losing my tomato plants. frankly, i expected the milk to protect me so i figured i was safe. when i found LB on other plants i was really upset. if i lost all 11 plants in a week and got no tomatoes this year, well i was then seriously looking at using fungicide next year if needed. that still hangs in the balance right now, just cuz things are looking ok now they may go bad in a week or 2. i have eaten tomatoes so if i loose the plants now i would not be as upset, not getting a tomato would have pushed me off the edge. so much for my situation and reasoning.

funny you ask about the smell! the fish emulsion is nowhere near as strong as the fish and seaweed emulsion that i have always used. i had to settle for just plain fish emulsion as that's all they had at blue seal and i was given a good discount as it was september and they wanted to get rid of it. so the fish emulsion does not smell much at all when sprayed. the fish and seaweed emulsion when sprayed actually kept the deer away from crops! using fish emulsion and milk together is not bad, i can't smell the fish but the milk does have a bit of a smell. when i am near the plants that have been sprayed it smells like sweet slightly sour milk. it is not bad but you can smell it. if you are 15' from the plants you can't smell the milk so if you used it your neighbors probably would not smell it.

i like your new avatar! what's his or her name? i bet he's a ball of energy!

tom
And he’s gotta be fast
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I’m holding out for a hero ‘til the morning light
He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life
tjg911 is offline   Reply With Quote