View Single Post
Old August 2, 2009   #18
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Tom, I've been trying to reach you! Do you still use the N-Z e-mail?

I am following your plight here closely. Haven't seen you post much at the other place.

Also curious how your garden smells, with both milk & fish spray. LB is SO SERIOUS that you shelve the Old Wive's Tale remedies.

Just yesterday I read a report from 2001 on LB by the U of Tenn... SERENADE provided about as much help against LB as NOTHING USED AT ALL! Very little difference in results between it and the control untreated plants!

"Plots treated with BAS-500, BAS-510, and with Dithane alternated with Quadris had significantly lower disease ratings for Early and Late Blight and the highest marketable yield than the other treatments. Plots treated with Seranade (biological fungicide) had disease ratings not significantly different than the untreated check plots."

Anyways, I wish the best for you there, maybe you are at a point where you will have to decide if you want to grow organically and pray to get more than nothing, or use a fungicide & get something. Maybe try copper, it's considered organic.

Good luck & keep us updated! Since you're retired, that means daily! Better yet, hourly!

P.S. More rain should be arriving there about...now.

Last edited by korney19; August 2, 2009 at 10:13 AM.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote