View Single Post
Old July 17, 2009   #27
Frog
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
One question about the White Peach and/or Peach Tree -- how firm or soft is it when reasonably ripe ??

I ask because Garden Peach and Red Garden Peach are so soft that they are hardly "transportable". By the time they get to a market they tend to be bruised and nearly mush. They are fine for a home grower but not very good for a market grower.

Carol

They go soft, but the skin is quite strong despite being thin. Never having had to move them further than from my garden to my mouth I'm not sure how well they'd do stacked a few deep in a box.

I'm happy to send seed to anyone that wants any, I have lots. Even if you get some 'Peach tree' seeds it may be worth getting mine too, so you can compare them and see if they appear to be the same variety. I can imagine that my French line may be somewhat different from a Californian line, even if they were once the same.

If anyone wants any just PM me their address and I'll send them out. I don't need anything in return, but I am always on the lookout for something new; bit of a seedaholic me.
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote