Thread: Carolyn's Book
View Single Post
Old April 21, 2009   #149
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntoften View Post
I'm not sure how many people will buy the book after I used it at my sale to show people several varieties, but I think MANY will buy it! I have about a dozen of the 100 for sale and it was a hoot to see folks faces when I'd show them the pics. I got a LOT of extra sales because of the book. People were fascinated with Opalka and Omar's Lebanese as well as the black tomatoes once they saw the pics. I'll definitely have more of these 100 next year...thanks so much Carolyn!
I'm glad the book helped and you aren't the only one who brings it to plant sales and some I know bring it to Farmer's Markets for fruit sales as well.

But I gulped deeply when one person wanted to cut out the pictures of many of them and make laminated wee posters for plant sales, or maybe it was fruits being sold, I can't remember.

I mean they paid for the book and all that but I was taught as a kid to never underline anything in books, never to deface them in any way, so yes, I gulped deeply.

One of ther reasons that several have given as to how the book has helped is b'c I showed fruits that weren't perfect, foliage that was damaged and many other imperfections.

But that's the way it is and pictures in magazines or elsewhere that show perfect fruits for almost everything just don't make it with me.