Thread: Fruitset!!
View Single Post
Old April 10, 2009   #57
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Quick close inspection while laying out more mulch revealed pachinko-sized fruits on at least one Cherokee Purple. But to heck with that, the first zucchini of the season will be ready sometime next week, and the cukes are rebounding strong from the near-frost this week (blossoms appeared today, heralding baby cukes in two weeks).

UPDATE: EGAD! Fruit-set on multiple plants, including (how in blazes did I miss 'em?!?) three golf-ball-sized fruits on what evidently must be an Early Goliath (no CP anywhere in that bed has fruit like that).
Might be worth printing up a chart with all your varieties on the left and 10-15 columns going down and clip it to a clipboard. Put a date at hte top of one of the columns, go outside, and start counting. I did this in '07 and '08. I'm so glad I have this information now.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote