View Single Post
Old April 3, 2009   #25
outsiders71
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
Craig,

Thanks for the link. Some interesting aids there.

Last night I ordered an Ozone Generator for aquatic applications. Should be here in a week. Now, just need to figure out a manifold tubing distribution system to send the Ozone to the 16 tomato EarthTainers, and how long per day to run it. (Yes, when I was a kid I went crazy with my Erector Set).

I am going to experiment with everything possible this season to try to keep the 'Tainer water reservoir as pristine as possible.

Need to check-in with Ami and dice to see what potential impact the Ozone will have on the bio's like Actinovate. Goal is to kill the nasties, but not harm the good guys (or I will at least have to reapply the Actinovate more frequently). Small price to pay for a "clean house".

Ray
Ray:

To keep your containers from over-heating have you thought of using Reflectix on the outside of your containers? I'm going to try them on my grow bags:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...025&lpage=none

As for keeping your water clean...there really aren't any selective killers out there. Whatever you treat your container with is going to kill some good guys too. Hydroponic growers often treat their setups with hydrogen peroxide to keep the baddies down.
outsiders71 is offline   Reply With Quote