View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009   #10
duajones
Tomatovillian™

I am leaning strongly to pulling the plants tomorrow morning in trying to protect my remaining plants, which of some could already be affected as well. Nutrient deficiencies has also been pointed out to me as a possibility but I have a hard time understanding why it would only show up on 2 plants so far. I did give the two plants a foliar and soil application of seaweed and epsom salts this afternoon. I realize that if it is a nutrient problem it would take some time for results of fert feedings to show up. But again I dont know if I want to risk the other plants by leaving them in place. I am pooling info from here and GW to aid me in my decision and plan to call the local extension again tomorrow and see if they offer any info or advice. May even look into sending a sample to some lab to get tested for peace of mind. Frankly, I dont know what to do but everything I have read about TLCV leads me to pulling the plants now versus waiting. I do plan to purchase some Neem oil or insecticidal soap, and also plan to put up some yellow sticky traps for future use to try and minimize problems. I can only hope that my other plants arent affected and if so, just a few. It would break my heart to lose many more plants.