View Single Post
Old March 22, 2009   #8
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamato View Post
Oh, I did grind it in the house the first time...Never again....
I haven't had horseradish in many years and almost miss it...
I get my zip from hot peppers that politely die after frost and don't spread like horseradish....

Jeanne
I know..Horseradish is the Kami Kazi of all vegetables. My hubby planted it way out on a big pile of aged horse manure with shavings. He does not even water it and it has taken over the pile (allthough it is about 50 feet from a pond so maybe there is some leaching of water going on...) Thankfully, there is nothing out there it can get into. Only thing I know is worse is Blackberry or Rasberry plants...they are like tunnel rats. We had to dig a large patch of them out and it took three years and Roundup to finally get rid of them (we relocated those plants out near the horseradish! They can "duke it out" for supremacy.) Those are both things that do really well here...horseradish and Rasberries. Rasberry jam is my all-time favorite. My husband has a new recipe for "pickled horseradish chutney" he will be trying out...I can't stand the stuff. Have you been warm? 75 degrees here yesterday. In the 70's since last Tuesday.