View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009   #69
svalli
Tomatovillian™

For some reason I am having slow germination, it is with many other peppers too and not just the project ones. I planted the seeds on February 16th to Jiffy pellets and use bottom heat, which is about 30°C under the tray. I have two #6 with green cotyledons from 3 seeds. One #29 is showing something coming up finally. I put three more #5 seeds in a wet paper towel yesterday. Today when I carefully poked the jiffy pellets, I found roots sticking out of the #5 seeds, so I would have not needed to start the extra seeds, but I will experiment to see, if the wet paper towel method is faster. If the seeds will germinate, I will grow as many #5 as I can to compare, if the plants will be different.

I put Tepin pepper seeds in beginning of January in wet coffee filter papers and one germinated a week later. I did not throw the other ones away and almost two months later rest of them started to grow. Now I have seven Tepin seedlings. Some of them I will give away to people, who I am trying to infect with this awful pepper growing disease...