View Single Post
Old March 6, 2009   #21
rellis
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ray,

You might not remember but last June you and I exchange some emails about using Earthbox’s AWS in some SWC I made. Thanks again for the time you took to answer my questions.

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this series of posts. At the end of the growing season last year I started pondering ways to speed up 2009 set out for some tomato plants. I consider using an aquarium heater in some of my SWC this year. Seeing your posts has now convinced me that I'm not crazy. It also has convinced me that I’m not that original! I hope you'll continue to post updates because I'm really interested in knowing your results.

On a related subject, I have also been contemplating the use of an aquarium aeration stone in some containers to see if increased oxygen in the water would promote increased plant health and productivity. Have you ever considered doing something similar?

The increase in oxygenated water might be beneficial to the plant's roots. Maybe the aeration might increase the effectiveness of the Actinovate you plan to use. And it might provide some assistance with evaporating any remaining traces of Chlorine and Chloramine.

Thank you for sharing all your experiences with your Earthtainers. I look forward to reading your future posts.

Rellis
rellis is offline   Reply With Quote