View Single Post
Old February 26, 2009   #17
boomtown
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
Boomer,

So if I were to use your Actino-Iron as a soil drench, then I would not need to also drench the same soil with Actinovate SP?

Last season, I used Actinovate as a spray on the leaves to kill powdery mildew, and it worked quite well. A test spray of Myco-Grow had no effect on the mildew. You must be putting something additional in Actinovate to kill off these leaf diseases, correct?

Ray
Actino-Iron is not water-soluble like Actinovate so you cannot apply as a drench. Most commercial growers use Actino-Iron as a soil additive when they go to plant in the ground. So the next time you order a bulk load of soil from your soil manufacturer, tell them to add Actino-Iron to it. Although Actino-Iron may also be used as a top dressing, Actinovate SP would be easier if you're simply using it as a preventative on existing plants.

For treatment of foliar disease, you would only use Actinvate since it can be applied as a spray. There is nothing in your bag of Actinovate except the microorganisms on a whey carrier. Our microorganisms are very powerful and that is why they can tackle the toughest of foliar disaeses. Actinovate works exceptionally well on powdery mildew. No secret ingredients just all-natural goodness!

Boomer
boomtown is offline   Reply With Quote