View Single Post
Old January 24, 2009   #3
seymour_man
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have struggled with the number too. I know I didnt have any trouble giving away 200 plants just to folks at work most I didnt really know. They just saw me giving them to other folks and ask for some. I could have sold every one of them for $2-3. They were big healthy plants. I know there are not many vendors then. They usually are there at harvest time. You do have a couple in the spring with a few plants and spring veggies.

I am working on some advertising. Its pretty easy to get a blurb on the radio or in the newspaper. I made sure that some of these folks tasted my product last year. I am also going to make up an earthtainer plus just a simple Rubbermaid tote and with holes and potting mix (what is used in the beginning). I have 10 gallon grow bags leftover that have worked out and thought about buying a few more to sell. I am planning to guide the advertising more to the "let me show you how to grow tomatoes and you dont have to dig up your yard to do it" than just "i have plants for sale"

I had been planning to use 3" pots as my final pot size. I think you can get 28 square ones in a carrier. But I have been wavering since I can get 3.5" or 3.5" deep pots and carriers quite a bit cheaper. More shelf space though.

As I said not many folks there in the spring so I could easily put 3 tables in an U shape.

What about peppers? Any advice about those. And what are your other best selling tomato plants?
seymour_man is offline   Reply With Quote