View Single Post
Old December 19, 2008   #11
BrianS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
So how did you arrive at that list? Just curious.

First year, I grew Celebrity, Beefy Boy, and Roma and I found them to be pretty awful except Beefy Boy. Then I spent the next 3 months reading everything I could about the varieties that people who really care about flavor grow. I'm rather picky taste-wise.

My favorites taste-wise are Cherokee Purple, Brandywine, Earl's Faux, Marianna's Peace, but none of them are ready early by any stretch... Actually I got my first Brandywine pretty quick this year. It was awesome.
Actually I was wanting to try something new just for the giggles more than anything. I normally grow early girls, better boy, big boy, golden girl and golden jubilee and will probably grow some of those afterall I know they are good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth_10 View Post
Maybe you could say a little about how many plants you grow and what you're looking for (production, taste, earliness, novelty, etc.). Also, roughly where in Missouri (I'm curious).
I'm about an hour SE of Springfield. I have a rather large garden so I have lots of space to grow 'maters. I do losts of things such as make juice, salsa, freeze, can etc etc however my favorite thing is to go out in the garden with a salt shaker and eat 'til I cant stand it LOL