View Single Post
Old April 18, 2006   #61
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Jeff,

Hi again, and I will gently disagree with you on one account and that's your crushed seed comment.

I've sent out thousands upon thousands of seed packs of tomato seed since about 1990, which is about the same time Craig got you interested, LOL, in heirloom tomatoes.

And well I remember your doing the address labels for us for Off The Vine in those early years of the 90's.

Such seed has been sent to almost all areas of the US as well as many other countries and still no problems.

And not once has anyone experienced crushed seeds. And Craig doesn't use bubble wrap or padded mailers either, at least with seed that he sends me, and all is well.

I use regular business envelopes with no bubble wrap, but do use padded mailers if the number of packs is over 12 to one destination.

And I've also received many many varieties sent to me the same way and they were not crushed either, and they were sent without any padding either.

larger seeds such as bean, etc., yes, there can be a problem, but small seed such as pepper and tomato have not been a problem for me or any of my long term SSE friends as regards crushed seed when NOT using bubble wrap or padded mailers.