View Single Post
Old April 16, 2006   #1
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

Default Is this disease, pest or overwatering?

A little info...
I sowed all my seeds in one large container, all well marked and put under shoplights, in cool basement, after first sprout. I noticed the Lithuanian's had this on their leaves a couple of days before I transplanted them all to individual containers. While transplanting, I noticed it also starting on the Grub's Mystery Green. All of the other 22 plus plants are fine. I had misted the top of the seed starting mix until most had sprouted and had only watered once before transplant.

I have looked around and the closest thing I could find was a potassium deficiency (in seed starter?) or a mildew problem (no white powder visible), but since the basement is cooler, I'm not sure. Other than that, I figure it may be over watering, but then all of them were in the same container and only those two varieties were affected. I'm also surprised that the two showing this are both potato leaf...
So, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? And what to do about it? Will they survive? Or should I destroy them? It is my first year growing from seed...
Thanks!
Cathy
Woodenzoo is offline   Reply With Quote