View Single Post
Old July 12, 2008   #55
Aphid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I'd still rather see the price in the cost of the seed packet, and not in the shipping charges.

Charge what you need to to make a profit, but don't mark up postage so much that you price yourself out of the market. I think that is all anyone can ask. If someone has a particular seed I want, I'll pay whatever they're asking for the seeds, but don't rip my lips off in "shipping charges."
my sentiments exactly business expenses are business expenses...period and please run your business to prosper , but don't play the shipping cost game with me. boxes and tape and time and handeling to get the plants packed and fuel costs are all(possibly deductable) business expenses and should be reflected in your product price.

Don't think people don't know what it costs to >ship< an item.and the vendor does not decide the shipping cost anyway, the carrier does... the internet made alot of these businesses essentially brought the world to their doorstep. now the customer is thanked in return with this insulting shipping cost game .. charge what ever you need to prosper but don't play shifty with the actuall shipping fee.

sooner or later,it will eventually backfire thats a given
money is getting too tight these days and the customer is becoming much more thrifty. loosing the small purchase is not a good practice.

hope this is not taken in an insulting way just some hard advice
Aphid is offline   Reply With Quote