View Single Post
Old April 7, 2006   #5
mms
Tomatovillian™

Default Coffee Grounds in the Garden

The program that I watched was on again this afternoon and I did a search on my Tivo to see if it would be on again, and it will be tommorow (Saturday the 8th) at 6:00 p.m. on DIY. It is called "The Dirt on Gardening".

The part about coffee grounds was just a little short segment about 30 seconds long but as I said earlier the show was interesting. The most interesting part was about a resteraunt in California (I think) that grows all of their own vegetables and what is ripe in the garden dictates what is on the menu. There was also a segment about how to select the best plants when buying. I did learn a couple of things from this and I'm very picky when buying plants.

I really didn't think that coffee grounds would hurt the garden, I just didn't know if it would be any better than any other compostable material. The guy on the show apparantly put LOTS of grounds in his garden and it didn't look that big.

I don't have a Starbucks nearby (yes there are places where they are not on every corner) but there are a couple of coffee shops in the area. Maybe I will see if they have a similar program, or will start one.

Thanks all,
MMS

I am a man,
but I can change,
if I have to....

I guess.
mms is offline   Reply With Quote