Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Tesla Tomato is Back (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=7804)

Worth1 February 14, 2008 09:34 PM

Tesla Tomato is Back

[FONT=Times New Roman]Just discovered, the old source for the once very popular Tesla tomato has long dried up but recently a new source has been found in New York in the Niagara Falls area.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]This tomato variety was a favorite amongst some of the most famous inventers of the late to early 19th and 20th century’s.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]This tomato is a product of extensive electrical testing by Nicola Tesla around 1898 in an attempt to make a living antenna for his wireless electrical distribution plan.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The plan failed due to lack of funding by JP Morgan but the resulting tomato is literally OUT OF THIS WORLD.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]It is of a stunning Prussian blue color with yellow lightning bolt like stripes on the outside.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Expect the vigorous potato leaved plants to produce an abundance of slightly ruffled 3 pound tomatoes all summer long.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Don’t be the last one to get these seeds as they are of a limited supply.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I will get back with you guys with more information as soon as I get it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Worth[/FONT]

kygreg February 14, 2008 10:14 PM

I tried growing them once, but everytime I tried to harvest the fruits, I got shocked.

akgardengirl February 14, 2008 10:39 PM

tesla tomatoe

I am suspicious of Worth's post. Sounds like he has cabin fever and is up to his old "new" hoax tomato tricks. I'd watch out for him!
Sue

carolyn137 February 14, 2008 10:56 PM

[FONT=Times New Roman]The plan failed due to lack of funding by JP Morgan but the resulting tomato is literally OUT OF THIS WORLD.
It is of a stunning Prussian blue color with yellow lightning bolt like stripes on the outside.[/FONT]

For heaven's sake Worth, if you'd just posted in the wanted section of the seed exchange here saying you were looking for it I would have told you that I've got plenty of seeds for it somewhere in my home. And if speaking of the Niagara Frontier source, I was no doubt the seed source for at least one person I know out there.

I didn't like the taste; tasted like burning electrical conduit wire smells.;)

MikeInCypress February 15, 2008 01:00 AM

April 1 is still more than a month away!!!!!:?

MikeInCypress

tomatoguy February 15, 2008 12:12 PM

I thought about growing Tesla but I hear they have a tendency to go into self-oscillation. That's probably even worse than concentric cracking.:D

mater

Tormato February 15, 2008 12:51 PM

I like the :roll: Van De Graaff strain, as it generates larger globes. And don't forget to use :roll: Faraday cages.;)

Tormato

tomatoguy February 15, 2008 12:59 PM

I would also recommend Thevinization a few days after the first fruit set. This will assure that you get mho tomatoes.:twisted:

mater (aka NY4T)

Tormato February 15, 2008 01:30 PM

How many Tomatovillians does it take to screw in a Yellow Pear?

Tormato

kygreg February 15, 2008 02:01 PM

they would have to be very, very, short

ncgardener February 16, 2008 06:55 PM

Mater

I have wondered if any other tomato growers were hams.

Jesse (W4TTT)

Ruth_10 February 17, 2008 06:18 PM

Yep, N8ESU here. And no, I didn't pick [U]e[/U]lectro[U]s[/U]tatic [U]u[/U]nits!

tomatoguy February 17, 2008 06:31 PM

You just never know where a ham operator might pop up. Several of my growers are local hams, too.

mater (NY4T = Nice Year 4 Tomatoes)

Worth1 February 17, 2008 09:56 PM

[FONT=Times New Roman]I’ve done some research and Carolyn IS the source for the seeds and it looks as if she has been holding out on us.:twisted: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]BUT I have acquired some thanks to her and plan on getting the appropriate permits from the FCC and the power company to plant this spring.:yes: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I need to get some shock proof rubber boots to pick them also.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]It seems as though the tomatoes drop in voltage after they have been picked and are safe to eat in two days.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]If I get any tomatoes I will post pictures and make a seed offer.:D [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Worth[/FONT]