Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Utyonok - a new Russian dwarf tomato (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=5791)

Andrey_BY July 6, 2007 05:24 AM

Utyonok - a new Russian dwarf tomato

3 Attachment(s)
This is a new Russian truly dwarf tomato variety with suppose to be golden-orange lemon shaped small to middle size fruits. I really fond of its leaf and the whole apperance of foliage (something like triangle). Utyonok means "A Little Duck" in Russian.

Hope to offer more Utyonok seeds in autumn ;)

mdvpc July 6, 2007 08:43 AM

Andrey-Nice looking dwarf. Please keep us informed on how this one does and tastes.

Patrina_Pepperina July 6, 2007 11:00 AM

Looks prolific Andrey! Very attractive foliage :D How tall are those plants?

Patrina

Granny July 6, 2007 12:13 PM

What pretty plants! And loaded. Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Andrey_BY July 7, 2007 03:41 AM

[quote=Patrina_Pepperina;64988]Looks prolific Andrey! Very attractive foliage :D How tall are those plants?

Patrina[/quote]

Yes, they are loaded with fruits. The height is about 40 cm now.

Grub July 7, 2007 06:50 AM

I think these dwarfies are the tomato equivalent of the iPod. Very cool.

Rena July 7, 2007 06:37 PM

The trusses look like the tomato Juhas that I grew this year. Very cool.

Andrey_BY July 8, 2007 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=IMISSCOLO;65191]The trusses look like the tomato Juhas that I grew this year. Very cool.[/quote]

Juhas has got another type of foliage and quite different trusses for me ;) Anlike for many traditional tomato varieties with heart shaped fruit it has not a wispy foliage...

Rena July 8, 2007 05:49 AM

I meant the way the trusses seem to rise over the foliage.;) it is a distict look to me.

Andrey_BY July 8, 2007 05:59 AM

I understand you. But Juhas' trusses can rise both over and under the foliage as seen on that photo ;)

Andrey_BY August 10, 2007 07:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, this is what we finally have got from this beauty.

I love this plant and its fruits. And the flavor is also very good for a deep orange colored tomato! Bland is nowhere here. Some acid bytes are living there and I like it very much! The shape is kind of heart or a lemon type (orange colored lemon in fact :D ). Fruit is small 30-50 g, but a total productivity is an excellent for a such a dwarf plant only 30-40 cm in height! Enjoy :D

P.S. Seeds will be available in autumn ;)

mdvpc August 10, 2007 08:47 AM

Andrey-Beautiful looking fruit!

Rena August 10, 2007 01:09 PM

Yes, I like it!!:D :D :D

bcday August 10, 2007 01:31 PM

Andrey, I think you need to save LOTS of seeds! :shock: :D

Andrey_BY August 10, 2007 01:38 PM

I'm growing only 2 plants this year :D .

Thanks for your positive comments. To tell the truth I had no idea that this would be a dwarf tomato variety with such a nice fruits and flavor. I had got a very poor describtion from originator...