Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Tomato Harvest (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=49775)

Karla October 31, 2019 05:40 PM

Tomato Harvest

7 Attachment(s)
A few pic of my tomatoes this yr.

shule1 October 31, 2019 06:51 PM

They look great! What are the oxheart and the yellow tomato? I don't see many pure yellow tomatoes that big. Usually they're orange-yellow or else GWR, bicolor, or white. I know a few, though.

Karla October 31, 2019 07:43 PM

Dwarf Purple heart, Kelloggs breakfast.
Good producers and good flavor.

PaulF October 31, 2019 09:18 PM

Very nice. Makes me sad mine are all gone for the year. Ready to begin thinking of 2020.

shule1 October 31, 2019 09:23 PM

Cool. I wonder why KB looks yellow. It's usually at least partially orange. I guess that happens, sometimes, with orange types. I plan to grow some Kellogg's Breakfast types next year (KBX, and/or Kellogg's Breakfast, and/or Kellogg's Beefsteak). I've grown Kellogg's Beefsteak before (it tasted pretty great). So, I imagine the real thing (Kellogg's Breakfast), if it's different, might be even tastier.

Nan_PA_6b October 31, 2019 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=PaulF;748824]Very nice. Makes me sad mine are all gone for the year. Ready to begin thinking of 2020.[/QUOTE]
Just starting?

Karla November 1, 2019 01:17 AM

I received the seeds of Kelloggs Breakfast in a seed trade.
I noticed some pics on sites the tomato looks yellow or orange.
I enjoyed! the flavor of this tomato.

tryno12 November 1, 2019 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Harvest just before temperatures dropped to 32 @ 3:30 in the afternoon - almost froze 'em all - dropped so fast from 45 @ 10:00 am!! 25 degrees tonight with freeze at night for the next several days so I am done covering them at night and pulled the good plants and put in garage @60 degrees for an experiment?? :?!?:;):twisted::lol::D:))
Pete

My KBX were more orange and around 14 oz. for the most part

Karla November 1, 2019 10:11 AM

The temperature dropped quick over night.
Miss my tomatoes. Now planning what types of tomatoes to grow next yr.

Gardenboy November 1, 2019 10:26 AM

Nice pictures. What is the red or dark pink tomato in picture #4 in the middle in the front row? Looks like a tasty variety. Thanks :)

Karla November 2, 2019 03:27 AM

Dwarf purple heart. Prolific, loved the flavor, beautiful! tomato.

SpookyShoe November 2, 2019 10:20 PM

Beautiful fruits.

tryno12 November 3, 2019 04:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Back to the experiment: Moved "mess" from the garage to sun filled driveway to water and sort around 52 degrees for several hours. For the afternoon: picked a few blushing tom's(small box) and collected some that fell off(larger box), leaving a mess in the driveway and reducing everything to just the wheel barrow for easy in and out of warmer garage at night/ warm sun in day(when applicable). And so goes the experiment hoping for the best:?!?:
Pete

tryno12 November 9, 2019 02:53 AM

Late Harvest

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an update to my garage "experiment" . Still ripening in garage - I water a bit but can't take outside anymore - record cold grip around here!:no::x:no::evil: Geesh! record dry before now record cold - cripe!
Pete