Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   2017 MMMM Hybrids (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=45571)

Tormato July 12, 2017 02:49 PM

2017 MMMM Hybrids

This is what's available (10 seeds to a pack)...

Big Beef F1 '17 51 packs
Big Brandy F1 '17 51 packs
Brandy Boy F1 '17 46 packs
Chef's Choice Orange F1 '17 51 packs
Genuwine F1 '17 51 packs
Sun Gold F1 '15 42 packs
SunSugar F1 '16 45 packs

Seeds cannot be sold, here at T'ville. So, there is a suggested donation of

$1 for 1 pack
$3 for 4 packs
$5 for all 7

Donations go towards next years hybrid purchases. If there is a demand for these hybrids, I'd like to have about one half reserved (you may post in this thread). Only about one half, because there likely will be many participants looking for the swap around Sept/Oct, and I don't want them to be left out.

charline July 12, 2017 04:07 PM

I can send you a pack of Dona F1 seeds that I bought for someone here in TV and then she never answered back. So I will donate it to the swap.
It you want I can open it and make small packs of 10 seeds...

Cole_Robbie July 12, 2017 04:53 PM

If anyone is purchasing in bulk, Morgan County Seed has Chef's Choice Orange, 1000 seeds for $12. 1000 Big Beef is $30.55 1000 Sun Sugar is $65

greenthumbomaha July 12, 2017 08:15 PM

With all the hail, bad weather and bugs, I hope I get seeds from any of the varieties that I grew just for swap purposes. Very nice basic choices on the hybrids, for someone like myself that rarely deviates from heirlooms. Ten seeds is a good number for me. I'm in for the 7.

- Lisa

jtjmartin July 12, 2017 09:48 PM

I'm in for the 7 to make it easy! Appreciate being able to try some hybrids without buying a whole pack.

Send a donation now, or wait till later?

MdTNGrdner July 13, 2017 12:11 AM

I'll do 7 as well unless demand is too high. I've only grown heirloom, op, and sun sugar in years past and have a couple big beef in for the first time this season; I'd like to try the others.

AlittleSalt July 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Gary, I won't be asking for seeds this year. What I looked at today to possibly send in does not look very promising. Most are floating. I'll be looking at some FFF, N varieties to buy online. If I can afford extras - I'll send some in, but please don't ask for donations for those varieties. FFF, N varieties are supposed to be those horrible supermarket tomatoes.

BigVanVader July 13, 2017 09:34 AM

I'd like some Brandyboy seeds. Maybe 50? I will be mailing a bunch of seeds in this year for sure.

MrBig46 July 13, 2017 10:06 AM

I begin to pack Czech hybrids. They are slicers and cherries. I do not want any seeds back, I could not cultivate them.
Vladimír

Tormato July 13, 2017 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=jtjmartin;654166]I'm in for the 7 to make it easy! Appreciate being able to try some hybrids without buying a whole pack.

Send a donation now, or wait till later?[/QUOTE]

Donations are to be made when sending in packages (with wish lists, have lists if you have one, seeds, postage, etc...), sometime around October. And, I'll mention the deadline for me to receive packages, November 10th.

HudsonValley October 7, 2017 02:03 AM

Just getting into the spirit of the MMMM now... If the hybrid offer is still happening, I'd like seeds for Sun Gold, Sun Sugar, Chef's Choice Orange, and Big Beef. I'll put $3 in my mailer, which will go out in a few days.

Lindalana October 7, 2017 03:15 PM

I will be sending donations for cherry ones too with my seed package as well.