Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Did You Get Your SSE Yearbook Yet? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=10100)

carolyn137 January 14, 2009 12:13 PM

Did You Get Your SSE Yearbook Yet?

OK, that's a teaser but such a thread title I know would soon appear and I'm posting this here for the many SSE members who post here and I thought it best to post it here rather than in the Conversations Forum b'c I think more folks read this Forum than that one.

Fact: The mailing list for the 2009 Yearbook is to be mailed to the printer next Tuesday, Jan 20th. It's expected that Yearbooks would start to be sent out around the 26th of January.

So.......then we wait.;)

Sometimes it can take up to several weeks before each person gets their Yearbook, usually it's in the two week range for most.

Of course there are folks like myself who live in the tundra ( supposed to be minus 20F tomorrow night, Sigh) and we have to wait until a team of dogs runs a delivery sled to our front doors.:lol:

There is some talk about those folks who want faster delivery paying more for their Yearbooks to be sent so they get it faster. No details and no decision on that possibility yet.

Happy waiting.:)

huntoften January 14, 2009 01:13 PM

I can't wait! I joined last year after they were sent out, so this will be my first! :wait:

pooklette January 14, 2009 11:15 PM

You had me there for a minute, Carolyn. :lol: I read that thread title and thought, "Yay! They got the Yearbook out early this year!"

[quote=carolyn137;116582]Of course there are folks like myself who live in the tundra ( supposed to be minus 20F tomorrow night, Sigh) and we have to wait until a team of dogs runs a delivery sled to our front doors. [/quote]

Same here. My weatherman was kind enough to point out that tomorrow we'll be graced with the coldest weather we've seen in over 13 years. :surprised:

Just like last year, my Yearbook will arrive about two weeks after the first 'Yearbook came today' posts appear on here. It will be perched on top of my mailbox by a mail carrier wearing the postal service equivalent of a parka coupled with the fluffiest mittens I've ever seen.

carolyn137 January 17, 2009 10:56 PM

[URL]http://yearbook.seedsavers.org/[/URL]

Another teaser.

Above is the list of varieties that will appear in the 2009 SSE Yearbook.:)

Woodchuck January 17, 2009 11:05 PM

I joined up again after a nearly 20 year absence.
Just wonderin'. Is the retail catalog mailed to all members or need it be requested?
Yeah, I know, I could email Seed Savers and ask, but I'm sure they are plenty busy!

Thanks!

pooklette January 18, 2009 02:18 AM

Yay! I found my listings in there. :) Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing...

Woodchuck - I'm sorry; I don't know if you automatically get a copy of the public catalog with your membership. I do get a copy every year, but I may have requested it years ago and have since forgotten.

Dukerdawg January 18, 2009 08:44 AM

I joined yesterday. What great timing! I was a member about 4-5 years ago and enjoyed getting the yearbook and other great reading material as well over the year, but for some reason was too cheap to cough up the 35.00. Yesterday after reading Carolyn's post about how everyone should support SSE if you can I thought what the heck. It will probably cost me 10 times than that once I get the yearbook and start requesting yet MORE seeds!

Duane

carolyn137 January 18, 2009 10:32 AM

[quote=Woodchuck;117083]I joined up again after a nearly 20 year absence.
Just wonderin'. Is the retail catalog mailed to all members or need it be requested?
Yeah, I know, I could email Seed Savers and ask, but I'm sure they are plenty busy!

Thanks![/quote]

The 2009 retail catalog was mailed out quite a while ago so I think you ought to go to the Home page of SSE and request one to be sent to you now.

I don't know the answer to your question about who gets sent the retail catalog every year, and it's also at the main SSE site of seedsavers.org but I think there's an e-mail link at the Home Site and you find out that way or maybe even do that first and ask for a catalog to be mailed to you as well.

Welcome back! And you should be getting the 2009 Yearbook as well depending on when you rejoined.

Woodchuck January 18, 2009 11:18 AM

[quote=carolyn137;117132]The 2009 retail catalog was mailed out quite a while ago so I think you ought to go to the Home page of SSE and request one to be sent to you now.

I don't know the answer to your question about who gets sent the retail catalog every year, and it's also at the main SSE site of seedsavers.org but I think there's an e-mail link at the Home Site and you find out that way or maybe even do that first and ask for a catalog to be mailed to you as well.

Welcome back! And you should be getting the 2009 Yearbook as well depending on when you rejoined.[/quote]

I have the catalog in pdf format, but, like you, I like to set back in my easy chair with a real catalog.

I joined on the 8th of this month, so hopefully, the 2009 yearbook is soon forthcoming.

Thanks, Carolyn.

<Woodchuck>

carolyn137 January 18, 2009 10:08 PM

Good News!

The printer who does the SSE Yearbooks is ahead of schedule and the Yearbooks are now expected to start shipping on the 19th or 20th, instead of the 26th.

For lots of folks that extra week earlier may be a big help.

And quite frankly if that happens it will be the earliest I've seen them start to ship in I can't tell you how many years.:)

Andrey_BY January 19, 2009 07:49 AM

That's good news for Eastern Europe. Arriving date for 2009 Yearbook will be around February 20 or 21 instead of March 1 as before :D

Lee January 29, 2009 10:43 AM

Whoooo Hooo! It's arrived!

Ok, ok just the online version.... but hey, at least I could confirm my new listings were there!

Lee

Woodchuck January 29, 2009 11:05 AM

[I][B]"By the end of 2009, we plan to have the yearbook "on line" to help keep information as current as possible and shrink our carbon footprint by saving tons of paper, fuel and postage."

[/B][/I]I hope they can successfully pull-it-off and keep everyone happy. It would be great to have the yearbook online!

<Woodchuck>

DeanRIowa January 29, 2009 12:06 PM

I think an online version would be nice, but I for one hope they do not get rid of the Paper version. Like Seed Catalogs, I really like something to thumb through. I have liked the summer and fall publications and they would not have the same affect to me if they were electronic only.

Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Dean

Note: This is my first year as a SSE member.

happydog January 29, 2009 12:35 PM

I signed up last week. Will I get a yearbook? Do I need to request a catalog?