Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Some photos of my 2018/19 garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48509)

ginger2778 December 27, 2018 07:18 PM

Some photos of my 2018/19 garden

4 Attachment(s)
People are (bugging)gently hinting that I start a photo thread. :P

ginger2778 December 27, 2018 07:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few more.

ginger2778 December 27, 2018 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The last of today's photos.

Nan_PA_6b December 27, 2018 07:33 PM

That all looks yummy! What are the things in the first picture which look like purple yams?

ginger2778 December 27, 2018 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=Nan_PA_6b;722373]That all looks yummy! What are the things in the first picture which look like purple yams?[/QUOTE]

They are purple sweet potatoes. All were grown in a 7 gallon pot, about 6 months to grow.

taboule December 27, 2018 07:38 PM

Marsha, simply beautiful. I started digging through my seed collection, planning for next year's garden and found some that you sent me a couple years ago (with tiny ziplocks and your handwriting). Everything you gave me did well, thanks again.

Those all look fantabulous. If you ever think about sharing seeds, the "crushed heart" would have a warm place in my heart (and garden) come next spring.

Happy new year to you.

MdTNGrdner December 27, 2018 08:08 PM

Lol Marsha. These are great to see, as usual! I always enjoy your threads ( even w/o pics ;) )

Thanks for taking the time!!

Barb_FL December 27, 2018 08:41 PM

Wow - I can't believe how far ahead yours are to mine. The only ones of mine that I've picked from your recommendations are:

Not Vintage Wine
Parish
Dana's Dusky Rose
Lots of KARMA PINK

My Elgin Pink is no where near ripe, nor is Brad's Atomic Grape or Mocha Splash.

Keep the pictures coming; we love it.

PlainJane December 27, 2018 08:53 PM

Thank you for sharing those. Nice break while putting my lists in order and checking supplies.
So glad I got seeds for GGWT - can’t wait!

Goodloe December 27, 2018 08:57 PM

Great pics! As I'm still almost a month from being able to start seeds, my first reaction was just plain ol' jealousy! I'll be ok, though...the 2019 season is just around the corner! Keep the pictures coming!

ginger2778 December 27, 2018 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=taboule;722375]Marsha, simply beautiful. I started digging through my seed collection, planning for next year's garden and found some that you sent me a couple years ago (with tiny ziplocks and your handwriting). Everything you gave me did well, thanks again.

Those all look fantabulous. If you ever think about sharing seeds, the "crushed heart" would have a warm place in my heart (and garden) come next spring.

Happy new year to you.[/QUOTE]
Crushed Heart is indeed a prolific producer, and beautiful. Taste is only a 7 so far, often the taste gets better as the season goes on.

[QUOTE=MdTNGrdner;722376]Lol Marsha. These are great to see, as usual! I always enjoy your threads ( even w/o pics ;) )

Thanks for taking the time!![/QUOTE] You're welcome.

[QUOTE=Barb_FL;722379]Wow - I can't believe how far ahead yours are to mine. The only ones of mine that I've picked from your recommendations are:

Not Vintage Wine
Parish
Dana's Dusky Rose
Lots of KARMA PINK

My Elgin Pink is no where near ripe, nor is Brad's Atomic Grape or Mocha Splash.

Keep the pictures coming; we love it.[/QUOTE] barb, I love Mocha Splash. I think something is destroying your blossoms, you should be starting to get tons of fruit on those by now. Check for all sorts of bugs.

[QUOTE=PlainJane;722380]Thank you for sharing those. Nice break while putting my lists in order and checking supplies.
So glad I got seeds for GGWT - can’t wait![/QUOTE] I adore GGWT! Must grow every year.

[QUOTE=Goodloe;722381]Great pics! As I'm still almost a month from being able to start seeds, my first reaction was just plain ol' jealousy! I'll be ok, though...the 2019 season is just around the corner! Keep the pictures coming![/QUOTE]
I'll be jealous in July, so I can sympathize. :)

Whwoz December 28, 2018 03:00 AM

Lovely pick of some yummies Marsha. Looking forward to the day we get lucky enough to get some of these Down Under, I hope......

KarenO December 28, 2018 06:23 AM

Yay! Beautiful pics Marsha they look mouthwateringly delicicious,
Stuck in grocery store tomato purgatory here :)
K

ginger2778 December 28, 2018 06:56 AM

[QUOTE=Whwoz;722391]Lovely pick of some yummies Marsha. Looking forward to the day we get lucky enough to get some of these Down Under, I hope......[/QUOTE]
Well there's going to be the usual January seed for SASE offer, so look for it.:) You won't need the stamp.

[QUOTE=KarenO;722395]Yay! Beautiful pics Marsha they look mouthwateringly delicicious,
Stuck in grocery store tomato purgatory here :)
K[/QUOTE]

Karen do they have those multicolored cherries there? Those are pretty reasonable tasting, and they are where I got that store bought bicolor cherry, which was delicious and the taste rivals any cherry I could grow.
Ripening is starting to crank into high gear, I hope I can keep up!:panic:

jmsieglaff December 28, 2018 10:30 AM

Marsha's winter tomato pictures, always a welcome sight to winter eyes! Thanks Marsha! Thinking I'll be trying GGWT in 2019 for the first time.