Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   my garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=37295)

Wvuarmyeng June 27, 2015 10:37 AM

my garden

11 Attachment(s)
all by 8 or so of these tomato plants i started from seed. i lost a few in the back bed on the left side to damping off but had a few others randomly sprout from scraps i tossed out over the winter.

i am noticing some leaf curl at the bottom of a few of my plants in the front bed but we have been getting tons of rain here in southwest pa.

i pruned the lowest branches off that were layin on the dirt(actually peat moss) and starting to turn yellow. i also was pretty good at getting all the suckers. being that i only have this small space i dont want suckers taking over

also i got a late start on my peas and cucumbers. my beets are doing very well this year as well as my onions. we have get 3 nice pickings of lettuce so far

shelleybean June 27, 2015 11:07 AM

Wow, you really got a lot into a small space! Looks healthy and tidy! Nice work!

Wvuarmyeng June 27, 2015 12:19 PM

thanks still have to finish the landscape stones out front and clean up between the boxes. i want to get some of the small river rock to fill in between them

HollyinNNV June 27, 2015 02:26 PM

Very nice looking set-up. Everything looks so healthy. You have such a variety of different plants.
Holly

Deborah June 27, 2015 02:29 PM

Beautiful ! It really is !

Gardeneer June 27, 2015 03:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wvuarmyeng,... nice. Your plants look all very healthy.

Your gardening style looks similar to mine, in more than one way.
Here are couple of pictures of mine , to demonstrate the point.

Gardeneer

HydroExplorer June 27, 2015 03:43 PM

Lookin good.

Healthy plants.

noinwi June 27, 2015 05:15 PM

Nicely done!

PA_Julia June 27, 2015 05:24 PM

Extremely impressive!!! :yes:

Granny Bee June 27, 2015 07:55 PM

Nice garden and beautiful, healthy plants. That doesn't happen without hard work. Good for you.

pauldavid June 28, 2015 03:26 AM

Thumbs up for a job well done!

Wvuarmyeng June 28, 2015 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=Gardeneer;484573]Wvuarmyeng,... nice. Your plants look all very healthy.

Your gardening style looks similar to mine, in more than one way.
Here are couple of pictures of mine , to demonstrate the point.

Gardeneer[/QUOTE]

very nice! one day ill have more room to garden lol right now it takes up half my yard. me adn the wife have a nice little townhouse right outside of town. its ok for now but one day we are going to build on the farm then i can have a nice big garden.

i used 6' stakes so 5' was left above the dirt and most of my plants have out grown them already. i hope to be able to make a decent amount of sauce

Wvuarmyeng June 28, 2015 10:37 AM

im not a fan of chemicals even though i use them. what would you guys use to spray?? i have a beetle bag up by my deck and have some marigolds planted around the outside. those small sugar and fire ants are super bad this year. they seem to be resistant to tero (ill put a pic of the trap by my front door up later)

Wvuarmyeng June 28, 2015 10:38 AM

thanks everyone im tryin to do the best i can with the small area i have

Gardeneer June 28, 2015 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Wvuarmyeng;484797]im not a fan of chemicals even though i use them. what would you guys use to spray?? i have a beetle bag up by my deck and have some marigolds planted around the outside. those small sugar and fire ants are super bad this year. they seem to be resistant to tero (ill put a pic of the trap by my front door up later)[/QUOTE]

If you don't like "Chemical" sprays , there are couple of organic sprays. I am familiar with one and use it . It is "NEEM OIL" spray. You can buy a 12-16 oz concentrate and mix it as directed. In addition being fungicide it is also works as pesticide to deal with aphids, flea beetles spider mite and some other. I also use Daconil . The latter is more effective against fungal/bacterial diseases. BUT they are both used primarily as PREVENTIVE measure, though they may keep certain diseases in check.

Gardeneer.