Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Rebel Alliance (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48309)

NicolasGarcia October 23, 2018 10:35 AM

Rebel Alliance

1 Attachment(s)
Hello to all
I have planted in this garden in this year a few plants of Rebell Alliance, multiflora with delicious cherry tomatoes and very productive, I liked it a lot.
What has been my surprise when I have seen that its last tomatoes of the plant have been of this size.
Will it be an accidental cross?

ginger2778 October 23, 2018 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;717798]Hello to all
I have planted in this garden in this year a few plants of Rebell Alliance, multiflora with delicious cherry tomatoes and very productive, I liked it a lot.
What has been my surprise when I have seen that its last tomatoes of the plant have been of this size.
Will it be an accidental cross?[/QUOTE]

Most likely just larger because the weather is cooling off now. An accidental cross wouldn't show up until the saved seeds were grown out.

mikemansker October 23, 2018 02:38 PM

I grew them this year (what a tomato!) and they were all true to size.

carolyn137 October 23, 2018 04:49 PM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;717798]Hello to all
Will it be an accidental cross?[/QUOTE]

Nicolas, what was your source of seeds if you feel comfortable sharing that with us. If not please just PM me with your answer.

Yes,I have also grown Rebel Alliance and it was as expected.

We also need to talk about some seeds as you know and I'm pretty sure you still have my address,if not, here it is:

[email]cmale@aol.com[/email]

Carolyn

ginger2778 October 23, 2018 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;717825]Nicolas, what was your source of seeds if you feel comfortable sharing that with us. If not please just PM me with your answer.

Yes,I have also grown Rebel Alliance and it was as expected.

We also need to talk about some seeds as you know and I'm pretty sure you still have my address,if not, here it is:

[email]cmale@aol.com[/email]

Carolyn[/QUOTE]
I was his source of seeds, why do you ask?

KarenO October 23, 2018 09:07 PM

Nico, if your garden is an overgrown tangle like mine at the end of season, follow the branch back to its source and make sure it’s the right plant.
I have sometimes had branches of different varieties intersecting and thought I had the wrong tomato on the right plant or vice versa.
Karen

jtjmartin October 23, 2018 10:47 PM

I grew Rebel Alliance (from Ginger2778, thank you!) and it exploded with blossoms and uniform fruit.

Jeff

ginger2778 October 23, 2018 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=jtjmartin;717847]I grew Rebel Alliance (from Ginger2778, thank you!) and it exploded with blossoms and uniform fruit.

Jeff[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. :)

NicolasGarcia October 24, 2018 05:52 AM

Hello again and thanks for your answers.
Maybe he has not explained me well. Rebell alliance has been a plant with uniform fruits all season, many flowers, resistant to diseases and tomatoes that I liked a lot, next season will have a hole in my garden.
I was curious the size of the last two tomatoes.
I look good and I'm sure it's rebell alliance, and it does not belong to another branch of another plant.
Thank you
Nico

ginger2778 October 24, 2018 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=NicolasGarcia;717855]Hello again and thanks for your answers.
Maybe he has not explained me well. Rebell alliance has been a plant with uniform fruits all season, many flowers, resistant to diseases and tomatoes that I liked a lot, next season will have a hole in my garden.
I was curious the size of the last two tomatoes.
I look good and I'm sure it's rebell alliance, and it does not belong to another branch of another plant.
Thank you
Nico[/QUOTE]

Next season will have a hole? You can save seeds and grow it next season too. Do you mean a hole where it's missing, or will be planted in a hole in your garden soil? Does hole mean space? Not sure it translated well from the español.:?!?:

mikemansker October 24, 2018 09:38 AM

Marsha,

I wanted to thank your for sending Rebel Alliance seeds to me. They were, by far, the most pleasant surprise of the summer.

ginger2778 October 24, 2018 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=mikemansker;717869]Marsha,

I wanted to thank your for sending Rebel Alliance seeds to me. They were, by far, the most pleasant surprise of the summer.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.

NicolasGarcia October 24, 2018 10:47 AM

Hello Marsha
Excuse me for my English, I wanted to say that Rebell Alliance will have a gap in my garden next season, I really liked it
Thank you very much for everything Marsha :sí:
Nico

KarenO October 24, 2018 11:13 AM

Since you are sure they are rebel alliance, As Marsha mentioned the weather is likely involved. On closer look I see numerous sepals so these fruits came from compound/ fasciated blossoms which for me are more common in cool weather. The compound mega blooms have been pollinated well and produced these extra large and differently shaped (for the variety) fruits.
Karen

NicolasGarcia October 24, 2018 12:15 PM

Hello Karen.
Thank you very much for the definition, it is very curious and at the same time interesting
Incredible knowledge you have