Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Wild Boar Farms web page open for orders (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12640)

Magnolias4Ever January 1, 2009 02:01 AM

Can't wait for the website to go up -- I'm ready to order :-)

DuckCreekFarms January 2, 2009 10:06 PM

He's got it up....[URL="http://www.localharvest.org/store/M15457"][COLOR=#810081]Wild Boar Farms - LocalHarvest[/COLOR][/URL]

Magnolias4Ever January 3, 2009 01:39 AM

YES!!!! I'm going there right now to place an order :-) Thanks for posting and letting me know!

Magnolias4Ever January 3, 2009 09:39 AM

It was so hard to decide!!! Based on the space I have in the garden and the varieties I am already committed to growing.... I was going to order 3 varieties from Wild Boar. Well, I just couldn't trim the order down any less than 5 varieties LOL Here's what I ordered:
[LIST][*]Black & Brown Boar[*]Brad's Black Heart[*]Beauty King[*]Berkeley Tie Dye[*]Pink Berkeley Tie Dye[/LIST]I was very very close to ordering the Evan's Purple Pear... maybe next year I try it. Ah, just too many interesting varieties to choose from LOL :twisted:

Wi-sunflower January 3, 2009 11:18 AM

Yup, just ordered too. I think I did 6 of the varieties.

Since he's listing some of the varieties only in small packs, I figure he doesn't have a whole lot of seed for some of them. I didn't want to wait and then not get something that others here have highly praised.

Vince January 5, 2009 08:00 PM

I was going to request pink berkely tie die, Beauty King, and black and brown boar on the tomatoville seed wanted forum, but decided to go ahead and buy them. I am happy to support Brad's mission to grown and breed new maters.

feraltomatoes January 5, 2009 11:24 PM

Thanks Vince and to all that help support small farms and the work that it takes to develop new tomato varieties. :)

Magnolias4Ever January 6, 2009 11:13 AM

[quote=Vince_chemist;115405]I was going to request pink berkely tie die, Beauty King, and black and brown boar on the tomatoville seed wanted forum, but decided to go ahead and buy them. I am happy to support Brad's mission to grown and breed new maters.[/quote]

Hi Vince -- I completely agree with you! I think the work he's doing is great and ordering seeds directly from him will help.

travis January 6, 2009 12:10 PM

Don't pass up Pork Chop. That's about the most citrusy and best flavored yellow tomato I've ever eaten. Very nice tomato. If you've already sent an order, just call or notify Brad to add Pork Chop.

DuckCreekFarms January 11, 2009 11:07 AM

Boy, I'm glad I ordered early:D ....Brad is out of some of the varieties already!:surprised:

Gary

Moonglow January 11, 2009 01:41 PM

:o Ack! I'm having Technical Difficulties when I ordered. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I don't want to miss out.

Mischka January 12, 2009 12:34 AM

So did I. :( Hope it's fixed soon.

I didn't want to re-enter my financial information again. :panic:

Call me paranoid but some AMEX cards have no preset limit - I bought a skid steer loader with mine once. :shock:

Moonglow January 13, 2009 08:12 PM

[quote=Mischka;116263]So did I. :( Hope it's fixed soon.

I didn't want to re-enter my financial information again. :panic:

Call me paranoid but some AMEX cards have no preset limit - I bought a skid steer loader with mine once. :shock:[/quote]

:lol:LOL on the steer loader, but I hope it was not too troublesome to remedy the situation.

I tried again, and it worked!

Vince January 18, 2009 11:20 PM

Evaluation of Ease of ordering and Customer service at wild boar farms......

Very Easy to order online, no technical problems on my end.

My first order that was shipped was lost in the mail. I simply notified Brad via email and he rapidly resent a new order wthout problem. Excellent customer service. I would recommend ordering from wild boar farms.

Will comment on seed germination later, but all packages indicated fresh seed from 2008 so should be good.

Vince

ReaverG January 18, 2009 11:50 PM

Vince, I thought mine was lost in the mail as well but I got it yesterday. The shipping notice came on the 5th and the package on the 17th. Did you order it around the same time?