Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   NewEngland Fall.... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48259)

oakley October 8, 2018 07:03 PM

NewEngland Fall....

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a warm Fall so far. No near a frost yet. We have had frost the end of August so
this is unusual. No frost forecast even next week/10day.

Color is not the best with warm temps but still gorgeous.

My farm and my neighbors farm with Black Angus.

PhilaGardener October 8, 2018 07:32 PM

Very pretty! Great scenery!

JoParrott October 8, 2018 09:51 PM

I was born and raised in southern NH, and been away for many years--I really miss the fall colors, and Maine lobsters so much!

LK2016 October 11, 2018 08:49 AM

Beautiful photos, looks lovely up there.

bower October 11, 2018 09:40 AM

Lovely place... :)
We are at about the same stage for color, but already had two full on white-covered frosts here, which is unusual before the 31st.

AlittleSalt October 11, 2018 10:10 AM

Oakley, it looks wonderful.

carolyn137 October 11, 2018 12:23 PM

No frost here yet either.

When I look out of the 4 windows, 4 in a row, and tall, that are in front of me as I sit here with my a computer, all I see are yellow leaves on different kinds of trees,and on some trees now just brown leaves.

It reminds me of when I was in Colorado and all you'd see were the normal yellow quaking aspen leaves that shimmered when the wind blew ,and various green pine and fir trees.

About 2 miles up the road from where I am,there's one of those granite obelisks that marks the boundry between NY and VT. Folks sign up from many states for bus tours in merrry New England. Will they ever be so surprised when they get here, they are called the leaf peeper folks and they bring lots of $$$ to each state b/c of that.

I was so happy when I moved back home to upstate NY to see the gorgeous Fall foliage with many colors.But yes, there are years such as this one when the colors just aren't there and that can happen for several reasons..

Carolyn

sjamesNorway October 13, 2018 05:02 AM

I know about missing the bright multicolored autumn of New England, as I was born and raised in NH. Here there is a preponderance of yellows, mostly birch and some aspen, mixed in with spruce and pine. On the other hand, the yellows are exceptionally bright this year.

Steve

Whwoz October 13, 2018 06:51 AM

Nice in a a way we do not see in most areas of Oz. Here been several weeks since last frost and getting days in low to mid 20's (C that is). need to fully harden off seedlings and start planting them soon.

Woz

Nematode October 14, 2018 04:32 AM

NY is such a beautiful state. Home for me..... thanks for sharing.

swellcat October 14, 2018 09:16 AM

Like.

Worth1 October 14, 2018 12:01 PM

Looks nice, still a sub tropical jungle and getting worse here with all the rain.:lol:

EPawlick October 15, 2018 09:55 PM

Nice pictures. They are calling for frost tonight in Southern Ontario.