Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Sample Seed Shop Tomatoes (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=12826)

austinnhanasmom December 10, 2009 08:37 AM

For sure we should trade Remy!!

I am waiting for a few orders and trades to arrive. I'll contact you (after the holidays) and have an updated list.

THANKS

remy December 10, 2009 08:44 AM

Barbee,
Yes, I caught the email address on the order! Otherwise I would of never known. I didn't realize you loved flower gardening too. Thanks for the order.

Austinnhanasmom,
After the holidays is good, much calmer then.
Remy

Blueaussi December 10, 2009 10:01 AM

Just got my order from remy, what great service!

remy December 10, 2009 05:19 PM

Blue,
Thanks!:) I had no clue you sent in a order. I would of threw in Korean Dark Green for you!
Remy

ddsack December 11, 2009 07:00 PM

:yes:Thanks for the quick service, Remy! My package came just 7 days after ordering. I'll enjoy trying the bonus freebie Grosse Cotelee, sounds like a good one!:yes:

remy December 11, 2009 08:21 PM

DDsack,
I'm glad you liked the freebie. I try to play match the freebie to the order sort of like a psychic seed bonus:lol:.
Thanks for the order,
Remy

Blueaussi December 11, 2009 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=remy;149782]Blue,
Thanks!:) I had no clue you sent in a order. I would of threw in Korean Dark Green for you!
Remy[/QUOTE]

I have more than one email address and use the main one for my account when I use my credit card for consistency. The bonus seeds are of a variety I've never heard of, so it will still be fun. I'm just sorry you were out of the Figleaf Hollyhock, I'd like to give that a try. I ordered more flowers than anything else. You have a really nice selection.

k3vin December 12, 2009 02:01 PM

Thanks Remy! Great service, and carefully packaged seeds. I received seeds 4 days after ordering:yes: Thanks also for the Eckert Polish bonus seeds!

Kevin

remy December 12, 2009 08:22 PM

Blue,
You ordered flowers! I've been getting a lot of flower orders unrelated to this site so I would of never known. Great that I sent you a variety you never heard of. I know you aren't growing it. I'm glad you like the selection. You're not the only one disappointed that I'm out of the fig leaf hollyhock. I started selling those earlier in the year and ran out. I was really surprised. It is sometimes hard to guess what will sell. They are a great variety though. I'll have them again next year.

Kevin,
You're welcome:).
Remy

Tania December 12, 2009 09:35 PM

Remy,

I just came across this thread and checked out your seed adventure - what an awesome website! Excellent selection, beautiful pictures and very professional writeups.

Outstanding job! :worthy: :worthy:
Tania

Tania December 12, 2009 09:41 PM

Remi,

I see your Eckert Polish is also a beefsteak (same as mine) - what was your seed source?

I have seen this variety described as 'oblong' (but have not seen any pictures with different shapes), and I was always wondering which really is the 'true' one.

The beefsteak version has a very good taste, I agree!

Tania

remy December 13, 2009 08:38 AM

Hi Tania,
Thanks so much! It is a complete 180 from your site, but that is a good thing. Your site is like an encyclopedia which is great! I refer to it often:).
My Eckert Polish originally came from DeerPark a few years ago. It is confusing for growers. I've found, as you know, that there are a few tomatoes like this that are named the same but definitely different depending on the source.
Remy

Tania December 13, 2009 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=remy;150001]Hi Tania,
Thanks so much! It is a complete 180 from your site, but that is a good thing. Your site is like an encyclopedia which is great! I refer to it often:).
My Eckert Polish originally came from DeerPark a few years ago. It is confusing for growers. I've found, as you know, that there are a few tomatoes like this that are named the same but definitely different depending on the source.
Remy[/QUOTE]

Remy,

DeerPark is the one who described it as oblong back in 2007. Hmmm. Perhaps it was a mistake in description...

My seeds came from two different sources, one of which was Jennifer from Ontario (and I think she got the seeds from Carolyn, but cannot be 100% sure) - both grew identical and produced the beefsteak type of fruit.

Tania

P.S. I am inclined to think that the 'real' thing is the beefsteak :)

ruet December 13, 2009 05:05 PM

Hi Remy,
I noticed on the site you mentioned that Sunflowers (and perhaps other goodies) will be made available some time this winter. Could you narrow that down a bit? December? January?

Also you said [I]"If anyone wants something else, please let me know soon!"
[/I]Maybe I'm too late for "soon", but I'd buy at least one of each of the following:
White Sensation Cosmos "Purity" — Reputed to be more attractive to beneficial predators than your average Cosmos
Annual Sunflower "Lemon Queen" — The one they're using for the great sunflower bee project, seems to provide blooms all season with plenty of pollen, (messy yes, but a feast for bees)
Also Eva Purple Ball, and Big Beef F1 — need no introduction

I plan on buying Druzba and Sungold from you, but if I can get all the seeds I want for next year in one go, so much the better.

Love the idea by the way. I'm gardening on a small rooftop space as are all my friends... really can't make use of 40 seeds per pack.

remy December 13, 2009 07:01 PM

[quote=ruet;150041]Hi Remy,
I noticed on the site you mentioned that Sunflowers (and perhaps other goodies) will be made available some time this winter. Could you narrow that down a bit? December? January?

Also you said [I]"If anyone wants something else, please let me know soon!"
[/I]Maybe I'm too late for "soon", but I'd buy at least one of each of the following:
White Sensation Cosmos "Purity" — Reputed to be more attractive to beneficial predators than your average Cosmos
Annual Sunflower "Lemon Queen" — The one they're using for the great sunflower bee project, seems to provide blooms all season with plenty of pollen, (messy yes, but a feast for bees)
Also Eva Purple Ball, and Big Beef F1 — need no introduction

I plan on buying Druzba and Sungold from you, but if I can get all the seeds I want for next year in one go, so much the better.

Love the idea by the way. I'm gardening on a small rooftop space as are all my friends... really can't make use of 40 seeds per pack.[/quote]
Hi Ruet,
I answered you on the site, but I may as well answer here too:). I'm glad to get the input. It makes it easier to decide. I do plan on having all the sunflowers and other annuals listed in January(crossing fingers that I don't curse myself.) Lemon Queen was one of the sunflowers I'm planning on having. I can get 'Purity' Cosmos which is the white sensation variety. I can also get the hybrid Big Beef. I'm not sure about Eva Purple Ball, but I will try.

Tania,
Very interesting about the description from him. I don't think I ever got one. The beefsteak is so good I would think it is the real version too:).
Remy