Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Heritage Tomato Seed (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=20121)

Heritage October 11, 2011 11:24 PM

[QUOTE=fortyonenorth;236450]I give Heritage Tomato Seed two thumbs up (one for Steve, one for Marla;)) After ordering from them last year, I've been looking forward to their new updates. Great service, excellent varieties and the most beautiful darn tomato pictures you'll find anywhere![/QUOTE]

41n,

Thanks... the check's in the mail... ;)

Steve

Heritage October 11, 2011 11:33 PM

[QUOTE=carolyn137;236452]
What's so difficult about Marizol Bratka, you tell me.:lol: [/QUOTE]
Carolyn, not everyone has your gift of memory. Some of us have to take copious notes, and then try to remember where we left them:lol:

Heritage October 11, 2011 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Tania;236465]Steve,

Absolutely gorgeous online catalog! I enjoyed it so much.

Your tomatoes look like beauty contestants on those photographs ;)

Tania[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tania - that means a lot, coming from you.

Steve

raindrops27 October 12, 2011 11:45 AM

Beautiful website. Is Zapotec really sweet? Looking into buying that one, and a few others. I love the layout and ease of the site.

Heritage October 12, 2011 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=raindrops27;236531]Beautiful website. Is Zapotec really sweet? Looking into buying that one, and a few others. I love the layout and ease of the site.[/QUOTE]

raindrops27,

Thank you for the comments! I wouldn't say Zapotec is sweet, but it had a nice distinct flavor that I really can't describe - definitely not over-powering at any rate. I think it would be great for stuffing or, sliced, as a unique garnish.

Steve

Tania October 12, 2011 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=Heritage;236472]Thank you Tania - that means a lot, coming from you.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Steve,

I feel that your seed venture took a very nice sweet spot in the seed market. The reason being that the selection of varieties is small but very excellent, it feels that it was chosen very carefully by two very passionate tomato growers. Perfect for everybody who is just starting to get into the tomato addiction :).

It can be quite overwhelming for the beginners to go through a huge offerings (like Tomatofest, Sandhill, Mariseeds, and Tatiana's TOMATObase, as a few examples).

The descriptions in your catalog are very informative, and with no 'hype' typical for some seed businesses. It is also very clear that you know your tomatoes very well and personal.

When I was looking through your online catalog, I could help but thinking about why do we need downloadable PDF versions of the catalogs? What you have is surely enough (for me, as a customer).

I wish you great success in the coming years! You and Marla deserved it.

Tania

Heritage October 12, 2011 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Tania;236541]Steve,

It can be quite overwhelming for the beginners to go through a huge offerings (like Tomatofest, Sandhill, Mariseeds, and Tatiana's TOMATObase, as a few examples).

Tania[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tania. We have a few holes in our selection but little-by-little we will get a larger selection covering more interests. We would eventually like to carry about 100 of our personal favorites plus another 20-30 of the most popular and some of our own crosses. Right now we also list a few varieties I would never personally grow again, but we list them because everyone has different tastes. (plus I have a lot of seeds of them)

Anyway, if I were a beginning grower I would just send $50 to Tatiana's TOMATObase and ask Tania to choose my tomatoes for me.:) Not hard at all!

Steve

clara October 12, 2011 03:12 PM

Steve, after having had a look at your wonderful catalog, I DO HOPE that you will soon add Germany to your PayPal list! Congrats to your beautiful site! clara

Worth1 October 12, 2011 03:13 PM

It is an absolutely fantastic catalog.
I regular feast for the eyes.

I do have one suggestion though.:roll:
I looked at some of the descriptions and you made comments as to how you didn't care for the taste or some odd thing.
Guernsey Island for example.

You might describe it as--- A fabulous climax for the taste buds.
When you first bite into this tomato it is reminiscent of the sweet yet tangy butter that the Guernsey dairy cattle are known for.
Get your seeds today while supplies last.:P

Worth

Heritage October 12, 2011 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=clara;236553]Steve, after having had a look at your wonderful catalog, I DO HOPE that you will soon add Germany to your PayPal list! Congrats to your beautiful site! clara[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Clara! I 'think' I have added Germany but I'm not sure:D
Steve

Heritage October 12, 2011 03:32 PM

[QUOTE=Worth1;236554]It is an absolutely fantastic catalog.
I regular feast for the eyes.

I do have one suggestion though.:roll:
I looked at some of the descriptions and you made comments as to how you didn't care for the taste or some odd thing.
Guernsey Island for example.

You might describe it as--- A fabulous climax for the taste buds.
When you first bite into this tomato it is reminiscent of the sweet yet tangy butter that the Guernsey dairy cattle are known for.
Get your seeds today while supplies last.:P

Worth[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Worth! Don't you have a dog bed to finish?:))

Heritage October 12, 2011 03:55 PM

Worth, thanks, I'll send you a percent of my profit from GI: :lol:

[URL]http://heritagetomatoseed.com/heirloom-and-op-tomato-seeds/guernsey-island/[/URL]

clara October 12, 2011 04:17 PM

Steve, Germany doesn't work!!!! clara

clara October 12, 2011 04:20 PM

Sorry, it was my fault! It has worked! Now I'm looking forward to growing your little treasures next year! clara

Simone October 12, 2011 04:29 PM

Steve,

for me it works!!!

I paid via paypal a few seconds ago.

Just wanna thank you how fast you are. Didn´t imagine that at all. ;)

Simone