Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bunnies! (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44192)

ArcherB March 7, 2017 07:08 PM

Bunnies!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, not exactly bunnies, but what they leave behind. I finally got in touch with my local rabbit breeder and he gave me about 3/4 a yard of pure bunny poo. It was enough to put down about two to three inches on top of my soil. I was also able to bury about two cubic feet there between the first two rows of tomatoes behind the pot.
What you see here is a of U-shaped bed. I didn't put any across the back because the plants are just starting to come up back there and I didn't want to bury them.

dmforcier March 7, 2017 07:17 PM

Bunnies?? I don' see no steenkin bunnies! Or is that were you buried the carcasses?

Oh. There's text...

GrowingCoastal March 7, 2017 07:35 PM

I m so envious! Hard to get good stuff in the city.

PhilaGardener March 7, 2017 09:00 PM

Nice raised beds too!

svalli March 8, 2017 03:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow that is a great treasure to get and better to have the poo than the rabbits in the garden.

We have quite big jackrabbit population here in the city. Our cat is kept indoors and we do not have a dog, but still our yard is full of paw tracks. I have a bowl of oats on the yard and the hares come to eat them every night. I hope that the constant food supply keeps them from eating our trees and shrubs (apple trees have chicken wire around them, because the hares found them irresistible even they have other food). Spring time our lawn has a lot of droppings on it and I'm thinking that those function as good fertilizer.

Sari

Greatgardens March 8, 2017 06:33 AM

Now if you have a typical dog, he can have dessert! :roll:
-GG

Spartanburg123 March 8, 2017 08:10 PM

Nice poo! I have acquired 100 lbs myself, and will be working it in my soil, perhaps next week. I have nasty red clay.

Lastfling March 13, 2017 12:44 PM

I filled up 3 wheelbarrows Saturday and toted them down to the raised beds. I built a new 4x8 bed which received most of it. The rest being used to top off the existing beds. Still have plenty more when I get the time to move it. Having the manufacturers on site insures a constant supply.:D Then there's the trays. Those contain a combination of berries, broken down wood pellets, urine and waste hay. About 1/2 to 3/4 a wheelbarrow load a week is added to the compost pile to breakdown before also making the journey to the raised beds in 6 months to a year, or thereabouts.

ArcherB March 13, 2017 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=Lastfling;625152]I filled up 3 wheelbarrows Saturday and toted them down to the raised beds. I built a new 4x8 bed which received most of it. The rest being used to top off the existing beds. Still have plenty more when I get the time to move it. Having the manufacturers on site insures a constant supply.:D Then there's the trays. Those contain a combination of berries, broken down wood pellets, urine and waste hay. About 1/2 to 3/4 a wheelbarrow load a week is added to the compost pile to breakdown before also making the journey to the raised beds in 6 months to a year, or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see the results of all that. I'm considering making this a biannual thing, but didn't know if there was such a thing as too much.