Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   finally..... (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29376)

TightenUp July 23, 2013 08:07 PM

finally.....

1 Attachment(s)
the wait is over

LDx4 July 23, 2013 08:23 PM

Beautiful! What variety are the large white ones? Do they taste as good as they look?

Lyn

Tania July 23, 2013 08:43 PM

Very nice - they look delicious!

TightenUp July 23, 2013 08:44 PM

the white ones are just non ripe KBX tomatoes. i have a pesky groundhog and decided to pick them early. i had been away for a while and came home to lots of tomatoes with a few bites taken out. i didnt want to risk it

LDx4 July 24, 2013 01:16 AM

Good idea! White or yellow, they're still good looking tomatoes :yes:

Lyn

pinklady5 July 24, 2013 07:50 AM

Nice looking tomatoes! I finally was able to pick some large ones just yesterday, though now I'm faced with uneven ripening so far with KBX. I will be slicing open my first one for the year, a nice looking Red Barn tomato. Amazing that I have no ripe Black Cherry yet.

TightenUp July 24, 2013 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=pinklady5;365990]Nice looking tomatoes! I finally was able to pick some large ones just yesterday, though now I'm faced with uneven ripening so far with KBX. I will be slicing open my first one for the year, a nice looking Red Barn tomato. Amazing that I have no ripe Black Cherry yet.[/QUOTE]

uneven ripening is no fun to deal with. i had it so severe a few yrs ago the tomatoes got chucked in the garbage

i also have a large cherry type called prize of the trials which has no ripe cherries yet. whats going on?:?!?::evil::twisted:

BucksCountyGirl July 24, 2013 09:56 AM

Congrats on the harvest! My cherries (with the exception of Sungold) were all very late this year too. My first three ripe tomatoes were actually Sungold, Jaune Flamme, and Cherokee Purple.

kath July 24, 2013 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=TightenUp;365999]
i also have a large cherry type called prize of the trials which has no ripe cherries yet. whats going on?:?!?::evil::twisted:[/QUOTE]

Happy that your long wait is over- we seem to have about the same amounts on our counters.:lol:

I tried a bunch of new cherry tomatoes this year and about half of them haven't ripened yet- not all cherries are early...although I think they should be.:yes:

kath

Crandrew July 24, 2013 11:18 AM

Awesome! glad its started to pump out.

JayzJourney July 24, 2013 01:47 PM

Nice!

I have had a few ripe PL early girls, Piennolo and a couple dwarf tomatoes here and there...but I am still waiting on the motherload. :)

Heritage July 24, 2013 02:17 PM

:) Congratulations! I hope the East has a long season this year with improved weather.

Steve

nnjjohn July 24, 2013 06:03 PM

Nice picks there tightenup. . I should be right behind you..starting to see some turnin.

efisakov July 24, 2013 09:25 PM

I agree, it is about to start "raining tomatoes".

MissS July 24, 2013 11:10 PM

What a great harvest! I will not be seeing anything like that for about a month.

Enjoy!