Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   actinovate biota max exel lg and serenade (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=22472)

TightenUp April 25, 2012 02:27 PM

actinovate biota max exel lg and serenade

anyone using all of these at once? i was thinking of making a spray using these 4 products along with biogrow molasses.

i want to get off to an early start on the preventative side of things.

i could also throw in some mycogrow soluble but plan on only using as a soil drench.

John3 April 25, 2012 02:46 PM

Maybe Ami will chime in on this. If I remember right he said not to use exel with the others (don't know about serenade) but mixes exel with actinovate for a spray. Not sure about this someone with more knowledge about it might chime in..

babice April 25, 2012 03:18 PM

As it so happens, today I've been studying all the threads on actinovate, biotamax, excel LG, etc. Here's one quote from ami: "...normally I keep my foliar applications of Actinovate, which I mix with Exel LG, separate from my foliar applications of nutrients; but I do use molasses for both as a spreader/sticker." I also read that someone (Raybo?) uses Serenade instead of Actinovate for foliar applications because Serenade is less expensive. So I got the impression that they are the same? Everyone that posted about Actinovate did agree, though, that it's worth the cost for dipping the roots into when planting and pouring the rest over the base at that time.

RayR April 25, 2012 03:55 PM

Actinovate is Streptomyces lydicus strain WYEC 108 and Serenade is Bacillus subtilis, two different bacterium each with anti-fungal properties.

Exel LG is a systemic inorganic chemical fungicide containing Mono- and di-potassium salts of Phosphorous Acid.

amideutch April 25, 2012 03:56 PM

Actinovate uses Streptomyces Lydicus WYEC 108 as it's active ingredient and Serenade uses Bacillus subtilis as it's active ingredient. The Actinovate will control a greater diversity of fungus than Serenade. Now the Biota Max I use in my plant out dip along with MycoGrow and Actinovate does contain Bacillus subtillis.

For my foliar applications for disease I alternate between Actinovate/EXCEL LG and Azoxystrobin using Molasses as a spreader sticker.

I see no advantage or need in using MycoGrow or Biota Max for foliar applications.

Ami

Vinny April 26, 2012 03:52 PM

Could you describe your use of molasses? I use Excel LG and actinovate your use of molasses intrigues me.

rsg2001 April 26, 2012 04:46 PM

What about mixing Actinovate with just Serenade? I use Serenade but know it doesn't control everything. I bought both this year thinking I would alternate, but if I could mix them together that would be very timesaving?

kurt April 27, 2012 10:12 AM

Keep in mind that chorinated water if you use will have a affect if not kill those beneficials.Distiilled water would be my choice.

z_willus_d April 30, 2012 11:11 AM

I have Actinovate and Exel LG (Actually, it's Agri Fos), which I've been using as a weekly foliar spray on my young seedlings. I'm starting to see a lot of moths and butterflies flutter about the yard, so I know it's time to start spraying out BT. Does anyone here know if I can effectively mix the BT bacteria with those in the Actinovate (and are they amenable to the acid in the Exel? How about mixing Actinovate, Excel and insecticidal soap? How about all four together?

I'm trying to reduce the number of spray days from 3 or 4 a week down to ideally just 1.

Thanks for your guidance.
--naysen

Edit. Oh, I'm actually also including a 1/2 strength dosage of Greencure fungicide in the Actinovate/Excel LG mix. I don't know how I decided that wouldn't be a problem for the Actinovate microorganisms, but I wouldn't mind confirmation of that assumption? thx.

Crandrew April 30, 2012 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=z_willus_d;271582]I have Actinovate and Exel LG (Actually, it's Agri Fos), which I've been using as a weekly foliar spray on my young seedlings. I'm starting to see a lot of moths and butterflies flutter about the yard, so I know it's time to start spraying out BT. Does anyone here know if I can effectively mix the BT bacteria with those in the Actinovate (and are they amenable to the acid in the Exel? How about mixing Actinovate, Excel and insecticidal soap? How about all four together?

I'm trying to reduce the number of spray days from 3 or 4 a week down to ideally just 1.

Thanks for your guidance.
--naysen

Edit. Oh, I'm actually also including a 1/2 strength dosage of Greencure fungicide in the Actinovate/Excel LG mix. I don't know how I decided that wouldn't be a problem for the Actinovate microorganisms, but I wouldn't mind confirmation of that assumption? thx.[/QUOTE]

Curious as well. I did my first application of Actinovate, Exel LG with Mollasses as spreader. I need to apply BT soon, thanks.

bdank April 30, 2012 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=amideutch;270741]

For my foliar applications for disease I alternate between Actinovate/EXCEL LG and Azoxystrobin using Molasses as a spreader sticker.

Ami[/QUOTE]

Ami,
I'm interested in trying this instead of Danconil this year. How much Molasses do you use and are you mixing the Actinovate and EXCEL LG for the same application? Do you follow the application rates on the package?

I can't find a source for Azoxystrobin, so I will only be using the Actinovate and EXCEL LG.

Crandrew April 30, 2012 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=bdank;271601]Ami,
I'm interested in trying this instead of Danconil this year. How much Molasses do you use and are you mixing the Actinovate and EXCEL LG for the same application? Do you follow the application rates on the package?

I can't find a source for Azoxystrobin, so I will only be using the Actinovate and EXCEL LG.[/QUOTE]
I will answer for her since I asked this to her recently.

yes she mixes Actinovate and Excel LG plus molasses.

Molasses is 1 tablespoon per Gal of water.

amideutch April 30, 2012 02:30 PM

[QUOTE]I will answer for her[/QUOTE]

Ami is a [B]HE[/B] but you are not the first to think Ami is a she.:no:

If you want to spray with other products I would do so alternating with the Actinovate/EXEL LG which I do when applying Azoxystrobin.

As far as BT is concerned apply it separately and any other Bio-Insecticides as well.

1 Tbls of Molasses per gallon sound about right.

Just remember, you have to start making your foliar applications from the Git Go and continue on through the whole season. You let your plants get infected your hosed.

Ami

Crandrew April 30, 2012 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=amideutch;271624]Ami is a [B]HE[/B] but you are not the first to think Ami is a she.:no:

Ami[/QUOTE]

:) I stand corrected

How frequent are you guys applying BT?

babice April 30, 2012 02:56 PM

[QUOTE=amideutch;271624]Ami is a [B]HE[/B] but you are not the first to think Ami is a she.:no: [/QUOTE]

LOL! :lol: This made babice giggle!