Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   True North 2022 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51419)

KarenO May 8, 2022 06:46 PM

True North 2022

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would start a thread for this years’ indeterminate tomatoes. Lots going on at various stages in my indeterminate projects this year. I’ll post along the way. Cold king wet spring here so far with no particular warm sun in sight in the long range forecast so everything getting very big in the little greenhouse already.
I’ll put up the temporary one to relive a bit of crowding until I can start planting out. I have all the Karma series growing, the hearts, several almost finished F7 beefsteaks. The F4 paste project, the nightingale whites, the potato leaf beta group at F4… some interesting new Artisan Yomatoes from Fred ….
If the weather ever smartens up it should be an interesting year :)
KarenO

Zero91 May 10, 2022 11:42 AM

It's been cold and windy here in Maine

SharonRossy May 10, 2022 12:36 PM

Hi Karen! Love the clematis and looking forward to seeing your grow outs! Always wonderful as usual. We are having a week of warm weather so my seedlings are outside. Had a weird germination this year. Had to resow everything because nothing germinated the first time.

I'm pretty sure this warm weather isn't going to last but my seedlings are happy for the time they are basking in the sun.
Great work as usual Karen. Love what you do.

ClarkB May 13, 2022 10:20 PM

Just planted Tiaga, Polaris, and Midnight Sun yesterday. Looking forward to seeing what new siblings you've created.

Spartanburg123 May 14, 2022 12:49 AM

Beautiful Clematii!! I have Clematis H.F. Young, Taiga, Jackmanii, and Multiblue really springing in my garden this year. Looking forward to more pictures of yours!!

MrsJustice May 14, 2022 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=KarenO;767921]Just thought I would start a thread for this years’ indeterminate tomatoes. Lots going on at various stages in my indeterminate projects this year. I’ll post along the way. Cold king wet spring here so far with no particular warm sun in sight in the long range forecast so everything getting very big in the little greenhouse already.
I’ll put up the temporary one to relive a bit of crowding until I can start planting out. I have all the Karma series growing, the hearts, several almost finished F7 beefsteaks. The F4 paste project, the nightingale whites, the potato leaf beta group at F4… some interesting new Artisan Yomatoes from Fred ….
If the weather ever smartens up it should be an interesting year :)
KarenO[/QUOTE]

So Pretty

This was the first year growing Tomatoes in my Greenhouse. I stated in November, but I just could not bring myself to eat my Old Virginia tomato. It was smaller than normal, and misshapen as if It wanted to get bigger. It is still on the Vine. I will take pictures and Plant this big Old Virginia Tomato Plant outside with help next week.

PNW_D August 2, 2022 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This Taiga is a beauty Karen ....... 17 oz.

Still firm, but I read most wait too long ........ should I eat it now :?!?:

KarenO August 3, 2022 09:32 AM

Looks ready to me.
:)
They will still be firm when ripe until they are overripe.
Some people like them like that which is fine they do have a long window of eating quality. If you have a bunch you could try them at different stages and see what you like the best from barely blushing to full colour and soft they are edible and they do hold quite well
KarenO

KarenO August 8, 2022 10:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Cowboy
Named in honour of my late father a beautiful red-brown beefsteak on large regular leaf vigorous plants. Bold and delicious traditional tomato flavour.
I’m very proud of this tomato and I’m sure my dad would have loved it :). The colour reminds me of Dad’s favourite Sorrel horses. Seen here on his favourite of favourites, this beautiful quarter horse “ Brady” who is still living out his senior years on the farm I grew up on.
I consider it stable as this tomato has been consistent for several generations and is ready to release. I will post details for those interested once seed is ready this fall.

KarenO

MrsJustice August 8, 2022 07:39 PM

Hello KarenO

LOOKS Delicious, Amen!!

I married a True Taxes Cowboy and I need Those Seeds!!!!!!!!!
Amen!

How can I get some?

MrsJustice August 9, 2022 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=KarenO;768874]Cowboy
Named in honour of my late father a beautiful red-brown beefsteak on large regular leaf vigorous plants. Bold and delicious traditional tomato flavour.
I’m very proud of this tomato and I’m sure my dad would have loved it :). The colour reminds me of Dad’s favourite Sorrel horses. Seen here on his favourite of favourites, this beautiful quarter horse “ Brady” who is still living out his senior years on the farm I grew up on.
I consider it stable as this tomato has been consistent for several generations and is ready to release. I will post details for those interested once seed is ready this fall.

KarenO[/QUOTE]

Hello KarenO

I think it is so beautiful you Named this Tomato after your Late Father. All my Life as a child I was told I was just like my Great Grandfather who came to Fort Monroe for his Freedom, by the Aunt Annie, an Part Native American on my Father side of the Family i farmed with and all people on my Mother Side of the Family that is Part Irish.

All family History and especially farming history makes up our Good American Farming History that must be Reserved. Especially since we are dealing with manger climent changes. I know you go to see "Brandy" and love on him that bring back memories of your time with your Great Father.

Just let me learn went the "Cowboy Tomato Seeds" are available!!!!!.
I let my Husband know about your Cowboy Seeds, Amen!!!!:yes:

KarenO August 9, 2022 09:24 PM

I will definitely let you know Joyce. Too busy right now for selling seeds but in Fall and winter definitely
I’m happy you are interested in Cowboy
KarenO

MrsJustice August 9, 2022 09:39 PM

Yes I am. My Husband is looking forward to his future Cowboy Tomatoes. We have Texas Wild Cherry Tomatoes growing all around the back Deck every year for his salads. He will Love to have his "Cowboy Tomatoes Close by too. The weather here will cool down tomorrow; so i am going back to work without the Sun running me away.

My Husband is a Cowboy Fan, and I was a Redskin Fan: but Now I have to find a new Tean. If this Cowboy Tomato turn out well for me" I might become a Cowboy Fan joining my Husband. Might!!!

DK2021 August 14, 2022 11:47 PM

I'll be interested in these too. Last year Taiga was one of my two best varieties. This year I've included Taiga, Midnight Sun, and True Colours. Just picked my first ripe Taiga today!