Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My 2013 heirloom tomato garden (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=29158)

efisakov July 10, 2013 02:11 PM

My 2013 heirloom tomato garden

1 Attachment(s)
I am growing 38 varieties this year, minus one (Amazon Chocolate) that was already being pulled, yet managed to produce few tomatoes. We have picked so far this year 2 Omar’s Lebanese, 4 Amazon Chocolate, 1 Carbon, 1 Pruden's Purple, 2 Black Master, 2 DAVID'S PINK Ky, and 1 Indian Stripe tomatoes. The first was Omar’s Lebanese on June 29, the last was Indian Stripe (picked today). I have its picture below. Will be posting more pictures soon.

doublehelix July 10, 2013 06:56 PM

Well done! Now all you have to do is plow up some more yard and expand for 2014:lol:

efisakov July 10, 2013 08:34 PM

Doublehelix, if you are talking about addiction to a tomato growing, I have it for more than 10 years.:)) Black tomatoes are my favorite. I have weak spot for PL tomatoes.
About plowing, thanks to my son, he helps a lot. My husband will cut the grass, get me a best present tomato addict can have a Hydro Farm lamp to grow seedlings, but he does not like digging dirt.
What was your first tomato?

wally mcgee July 10, 2013 08:39 PM

:yes::yes:A very nice tomato indeed:D:D

BucksCountyGirl July 11, 2013 09:11 AM

Very nice, Ella! I hope to get one off of my Amazon Chocolate before the Grey Mold takes her! Cheers!

efisakov July 11, 2013 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both tasted great with or without salt. That was my second ever Black Master and first Indian Stripe. To me the winner was BM, but it could be because I was impatient and did not let IS sit on a countertop one more day. It was not soft enough for a black tomato.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Have not picked any of the Purple Dog Creek yet, but loaded. Had counted a total of 29 tomatoes on it already.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Brad’s Black Heart does not have too many (not sure maybe 8) tomatoes, yet impressive sizes.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bl Cherry, my son's favorite. Picture did not show all that beauty of it. Maybe later in the season. Last year it grew all the way to the top of a stake and than hanged back to the bottom. The best harvest of Bl Cherry tomatoes in 2012 was a "small basket" that weight 2 pounds from one plant in one day.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Carbon is a staple in my garden. For some reason it is not as popular as other black tomatoes. It should be. Carbon consistently producing for me 3 seasons in a row. Even hurricane Sandy could not kill it. It was giving me tomatoes until frost. It taste great. It's shape is inconsistent, that is all. I love it.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My first year of growing Black Master. Picket two tomatoes by now. Love the taste. Many tomatoes are on the vine, more than a dozen. Has very dark green foliage. Beautiful.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Indian Stripe. First year as well. Nice size and beautiful shaped tomatoes. First was 9.7 oz.

efisakov July 11, 2013 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First time for the eggplant Kamo.

efisakov July 11, 2013 12:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My daylilies, roses, lilies and my husband's grass. :))

BucksCountyGirl July 11, 2013 01:57 PM

Wow...everything looks really healthy and productive!