Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Rons Carbon Copy (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=22515)

dipchip2000 April 29, 2012 10:01 AM

Rons Carbon Copy

4 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone

Here are a few pictures of my Carbon Copy tomato plant. it is looking great and is loaded with small tomatoes and new blooms. Hopefully will be able to sample one in the near future. It was planted out on February 18th in Oklahoma. The weather gods have been kind to me this year. Maybe trying to make up for the way they have treated me in years past. I have 58 plants planted out and all are looking good and are 4 to 5 feet tall with greenies and lots of new blooms.
Just showin off

ron

greyghost April 29, 2012 10:19 AM

Very beautiful plants and fruit, Ron! Really a nice find! Thanks for posting photos. Darlene

kath April 29, 2012 10:34 AM

That's a really sturdy looking plant, Ron! Do you have 58 plants of Carbon Copy or 58 tomato plants in general?:? I got 4 or 5 to germinate and will plant them side by side to compare them and will let you know what I get. They were started 3/31 and will be planted in a couple weeks. I can't wait!

travis April 29, 2012 11:00 AM

On the 3 plants you show with fruit, looks like you got what you're shooting for as far as size and "cherry" clusters. I hope they turn out Carbon Copy as far as color, too! Good job, Ron!

dipchip2000 April 29, 2012 11:26 AM

Kath

I have 58 plants in all. I only have 4 Carbon Copy and they all are doing great. I am not sure if these are f2 or f3 generation as I saved seed from two seperate plantings last year.

ron

dipchip2000 April 29, 2012 11:36 AM

Travis

This is only one plant with different views. I counted 77 greenies right after taking the picture and more new blooms everywhere. I may post other pictures later.
ron

b54red April 29, 2012 12:01 PM

Ron, great looking plants and very good fruit set. Makes me a little jealous as I am already losing plants to fusarium; but at least the other diseases are at a minimum so far.

What is Carbon Copy?

Bill

sprtsguy76 April 29, 2012 12:07 PM

Nice looking plants there! I'm too interested in Carbon Copy. What can you tell us about it?

Damon

kath April 29, 2012 02:12 PM

Until Ron returns:

[url]http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=18828&highlight=Carbon+Copy[/url]

sprtsguy76 April 29, 2012 02:21 PM

Thanks Kath.

Damon

dipchip2000 April 29, 2012 02:34 PM

Thanks Kath

for posting the link to my thread. That thread gives the most information that I currently know. I am in uncharted territory as to what I am attempting. I want this tomato stable and producing fruit as I have eaten in the past. Looking good this year as far as size but will have to wait to sample flavor. When it is stable, I want everyone who wants to grow to have seeds. At this point I dont know when that will be. Maybe Travis can help with that information as he is much more experienced than I. All of my plants are doing better than I have ever experienced. The raised beds are the big difference along with the extra early plantout.

ron

janezee May 2, 2012 11:25 PM

We're waiting on you, Ron. :D

Those sure are beautiful! :yes:

j

dipchip2000 May 3, 2012 06:06 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Here are a few closeups of the Carbon Copy plants taken yesterday. The other pics are of my tomato beds in general. All plants were given the cold treatment for 4 weeks in my garage prior to plantout. I can only assume that this accounts for the tremendous amount of blooms and fruitset on the first two or three flower trusses. Fruitset on all plants is abundant but even more so on Carbon Copy. No disease of any kind so far on any plants, however the resident Mocking Birds are keeping a close eye on the plants.

ron

travis May 3, 2012 07:47 AM

First photo, plant in cage on the right, looks like you're getting segregation for fruit size slightly larger than cherry. Other photos that show fruit seem all to be more cherry size. Plants look fantastic, Ron.

stormymater May 3, 2012 08:17 AM

I LOVE Carbon & that comment about setting fruit in 100 degree temps has me pining to give them a whirl down here in our ho-o-oo-o-t & humid weather! They look tantalizing!