Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   SSE Yearbook 2011 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=17127)

earthbox13 February 15, 2011 09:09 AM

SSE Yearbook 2011

The arrival of the SSE Yearbooks has started. My Yearbook was waiting for me when I got home last night zip 80538. I hope everyone has a great growning season.

Scott

Carolyn, thanks for pointing me in the right direction:yes: and thanks again for the seeds.

fortyonenorth February 15, 2011 09:24 AM

Still waiting in zip code 46304!

surf4grrl February 15, 2011 09:24 AM

Yay - can't wait to get mine!

carolyn137 February 15, 2011 10:08 AM

Just noting that the Yearbooks were mailed out last Monday, February 7th, 2nd class, per usual, and it usually takes 2-3 weeks for folks to get them, sometimes more, depending on where you live and for some of us northerners, the strength of the dog sled teams that make that last final run, especially this year with snow still 3 ft deep on the level, roofs collapsing, cattle being killed, some folks frozen inside their homes b'c of ice build up around doors and windows and on the insise walls.

And again yesterday I had someone up on the roof breaking up the ice and shoveling snow off the roof, so access to the chimney would be fine if the Yearbook came that way but methinks it will come via a more conventional route.;)

Glad you got the seeds and thanks for starting this thread here in the General Disussion area, which happens ever year, rather then being somewhat buried in the Seed Catalog thread.

After all, you were the first to report delivery of your Yearbook.:)

And onward we go as to when folks get their Yearbooks.:)

carolyn137 February 15, 2011 01:30 PM

My yearbook arrived in the AM mail and it's the quickest I've ever received it from the date of mailing, and they were mailed from Wisconsin.

That doesn't say that folks nearest to WI will get them first b'c as I recall where they're sent from go to other central places where they go out from. Linda Sapp does the same with her catalogs.

So I riffled through a bit, the Yearbook is huge b'c the print inside is much larger, and the whole design of the book, including the cover picture seem to me to be improvements.

Idahowoman February 15, 2011 02:02 PM

I got my Yearbook today in Idaho 83263.

brokenbar February 15, 2011 04:16 PM

Got mine in Mexico!!! I did call them and see if I needed to send more money for postage a couple of months ago (I did not.) That is actually faster than I got it in Wyoming (Probably the fault of the Pony Express....HAH) This is both the delight and the torture of my year...TOOOOOO many choices and not enough get-up-and-go to plant every variety I would "just love to try:!

Little_Rhody February 15, 2011 06:44 PM

I got mine today in MA, 02459

Wi-sunflower February 16, 2011 09:49 AM

I'm IN Wi and I haven't seen any sign of it yet. Hopefully soon.

Carol

RinTinTin February 16, 2011 02:24 PM

Wow! if Brokenbar got hers in Yucatan already, I should be getting mine in Seattle early next week. It takes me 3-4 days to get my bank statement from the bank 2˝ blocks away!

Mischka February 16, 2011 02:31 PM

Mine arrived today in Massachusetts - 01570.

brokenbar February 16, 2011 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=RinTinTin;200122]Wow! if Brokenbar got hers in Yucatan already, I should be getting mine in Seattle early next week. It takes me 3-4 days to get my bank statement from the bank 2˝ blocks away![/QUOTE]
Too funny! We used to receive payments from clients in the next town that was only 7 miles away and they would take 3 days! We also had at least three payments that I can remember that got "lost" between Lovell and Cowley (These were excellent clients so I believed them when they said they mailed it.) Heck, we did not even have home mail delivery in Cowley. Everyone got a free PO box. Compared to there, Mexico seems "Ultra Modern"!

I spent about two hours today torturing myself with the Yearbook. My Husband just looked at me and rolled his eyes! Nothing worse than an addict with a "jones"...

feldon30 February 17, 2011 02:54 AM

[quote=carolyn137;199951]So I riffled through a bit, the Yearbook is huge b'c the print inside is much larger, and the whole design of the book, including the cover picture seem to me to be improvements.[/quote]
This is excellent news.

gryffin February 17, 2011 08:32 AM

Got mine yesterday in NH- my first ever. :)

dustdevil February 17, 2011 03:21 PM

You never forget your first :twisted: