Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Soilbuilding 101™ (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Anyone Ever Used BIOTA MAX SOIL PROBIOTIC (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=13253)

rnewste January 25, 2010 06:53 PM

Anyone Ever Used BIOTA MAX SOIL PROBIOTIC

Has anyone had experience with this Product? Seems like it would be easy to apply.

Raybo

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][B][CENTER]BIOTA MAX SOIL PROBIOTIC

BIOTA MAX is an organic porbiotic for the soil. It contains spores of four beneficial fungi and five beneficial soil bacteria.

The organisms in BIOT MAX are:

Trichoderma koningii Bacillus subtilis
Trichoderma harzianum Bacillus laterosporus
Trichoderma viride Bacillus licheniformis
Trichoderma polysporum Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus pumilus

BIOTA MAX restores necessary soil organisms and thus provides a healthier and more productive soil. BIOTA MAX applications result in better nutrient and moisture uptake and higher yields and better crop quality.

BIOTA MAX will grow bigger and healthier plants, using less nitrogen fertilizer.
The organisms in BIOTA MAX are natural, organic, safe and OMRI listed.

BIOTA MAX is an easy to use effervescent tablet containing enough bacteria and fungi spores to treat ¼ acre of farm land or lawn and garden. Just dissolve the tablets in sufficient water and apply to the soil.
[/CENTER]
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

amideutch January 26, 2010 01:04 AM

Ray, looks like it is being used as a Biopesticide looking at the bacteria they are using. This is what MycoGrow Soluble has in it which contains Endomycorrhizal fungi as well. Ami

Contains concentrated spore mass of the following:
Endomycorrhizal fungi Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus deserticola, Glomus etunicatum, Gigaspora margarita, Gigaspora brasilianum, Gigaspora monosporum
Ectomycorrhizal fungi Rhizopogon villosullus, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Rhizopogon fulvigleba, Pisolithus tinctorius, Laccaria bicolor, Laccaria laccata, Scleroderma cepa, Scleroderma citrinum, Suillus granulatas, Suillus punctatapies
Trichoderma Trichoderma harzianum, Trichoderma konigii
Beneficial Bacteria Bacillus subtillus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus azotoformans, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus pumlis, Bacillus thuringiensis, Bacillus stearothermiphilis, Paenibacillus polymyxa, Paenibacillus durum, Paenibacillus florescence, Paenibacillus gordonae, Azotobacter polymyxa, Azotobacter chroococcum, Sacchromyces cervisiae, Streptomyces griseues, Streptomyces lydicus, Pseudomonas aureofaceans, Deinococcus erythromyxa

rnewste January 26, 2010 01:29 AM

Hey Ami,

The President of the Company (Knoll Bioproducts) came into my son's Hydroponics store in Santa Fe today, and gave him a sample pack to evaluate. Son is sending it to me to do a comparison in the EarthTainer vs. Actinovate in a controlled environment, so I'll see how it compares with other Myco-type products.

Raybo:D

amideutch January 26, 2010 03:22 AM

Good stuff Ray. The comparison with Actinovate is a good one. The MycoGrow Soluable would be another good one to test due to the different varieties of bacteria and Mycorrhiza present. Ami

bohica February 11, 2010 07:32 PM

Has anyone been able to find out what the spore count or how many propagules per cc this product contains? I am always a bit apprehensive when I dont see the full list of ingredients and amounts listed, it gives me the same jitters that I get when people ask me about Super thrive.
A good friend called the company and he was told that they don't list the spore count in order to avoid a "my product has more" debate with other manufacturers of similar products???
Unless we have all of the details, how can we make an educated decision about which product to purchase? It's kind of like buying a car that lists: engine, 4 wheels, steering wheel, we need details to compare and make the right decision.
I have been using other sources of Mycorrhiza (endo) and Bacillus subtilis
for a few years with great results. My biggest apprehension when I see or hear tricoderma listed is the 6 month shelf life that it has, for this reason I haven't added it to our blend, nor have I opted to add it to our Mycorrhiza as I have seen retailers do.
Obviously any Ecto Mycorrhiza would be useless for vegetable gardening, but not harmful.
Mycorrhiza is an amazing product, and in con★★★★★★★★ with Azospirillium, you can create an amazing root structure.

rnewste February 15, 2010 02:04 PM

Here is an answer from the President of the Company:

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2] BiotaMax contains spores of the various organisms listed on the label. The exact number of spores is not that important because there are sufficient spores to treat the soil and as soon as the spores enter the soil they germinate and multiply and form more organisms. The tablet contains about one billion spores of each organism per gram of product but again, it is not important whether there are a billion or one hundred million of spores per gram as long as there are sufficient spores for the area to be treated. Bacillus subtilis is one of the organisms in the tablet and we have had very good responses with this organism when applied by itself.

The advantage of the tablet is that the Trichoderma spp are in a dry form and not in a liquid form. As a result we have a much longer shelf life and instead of 6 months we have a three year expiration for the tablets.

We have combined in the tablet all beneficial soil organisms so the results are very good, even if you do not need all the organisms in the tablet. Another advantage is the presence of Paenibacillus polymixa which fixes nitrogen from the air and thus supplies extra nitrogen to the plants. Another advantage is that most of these organisms are fungicides and thus prevent plant diseases. Of course we cannot officially make this claim because we would need an EPA registration as a pesticide but most people are aware of this advantage,

[SIZE=3]Raybo[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

amideutch February 16, 2010 01:11 AM

Ray, thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered one tablet to give it a try. Ami

rnewste February 16, 2010 01:29 AM

Hey Ami,

I will be visiting my son in Santa Fe next week, and will be bringing some of this back to California to try in the EarthTainers. From his response, it seems to hang together - - but the proof will be in how the tomatoes actually grow vs. those without the treatment.

Raybo

mdvpc April 24, 2010 02:12 PM

I ordered some Biotomax, used it when putting my varieties in my final container during plant out. So far, my plants look better than they ever have, and I have fruit set already in almost every variety.

rnewste April 24, 2010 09:48 PM

Good to hear, Michael. I stashed my BiotaMax in the refrig for next year as I already applied Actinovate this Season (can I also apply BiotaMax without it interfering with Actinovate, he asks?):?!?:

Anyway, I think Ami is also giving BiotaMax a trial this Season. I am game to apply it now, if you guys think it is worth a shot.

Raybo

mdvpc April 24, 2010 09:54 PM

Raybo:

After the disasters I had the last two seasons (high salt content in the water here-put in an ro system-but the guy that put it in didnt do it right and it was mixing the regular water with the ro water-why cant people do their job right!) I am very pleasantly surprised about just how incredible my plants look-I have fruit set on every one of my varieties-even ramapo and moreton, which didnt give me any fruit last year. Lots and lots of fruit set and lots and lots of blossoms.

I dont know if you should use it now or not. Maybe email the company-the guy is very nice. I used it when I planted out-put it in the hole and splashed some on the roots. Its very easy to use. And very economical. Its not for foliar though.

John3 April 24, 2010 10:20 PM

Are these good for fruit and nut trees? and okra?
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]BIOTA MAX SOIL PROBIOTIC[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]or[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]BiotaMax
or
Actinovate
or
The MycoGrow Soluable

or is this a tomato thing?

mdvpc April 25, 2010 12:47 AM

John:

check out the website-dont know what all the apps are-you can also email the owner, he is very knowledgeable and will advise u.

[url]http://www.biotamax.com/BiotaMax.html[/url]

amideutch April 25, 2010 03:48 AM

John, not sure on the biota products but Mycogrow Soluable, Actinovate and Biovam can be used as a soil inoculant for trees when applied according to the link I'm giving you. Just mix both with water and pour down the holes but Biovam is applied accoding to the link as it isn't soluable but a powder. Okra would be the same application as tomatoes. As a fungicide Actionovate should work fine as a foliar for your trees and okra. Just need to see if it is effective against the diseases you run into. You can shoot Boomer Cardinale an e-mail at Natural Industries as to the use of Actinovate on fruit and nut tree's and tell him you are a member of TV. Ami

[url]http://www.tandjenterprises.com/treatingtrees.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.naturalindustries.com/corpoffice.htm[/url]

John3 April 25, 2010 04:12 PM

Thanks guys for your help