Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Preserving Your Harvest (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   champion juicer (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=48479)

encore December 21, 2018 11:46 AM

champion juicer

got a pretty good deal on a champion juicer, was planning on using it for emilsifing ground meat for hot dogs and liver wurst with it, but see they sell a tomato screen for it too, was wondering if anyone has one and uses it for tomatoes? thanks--- tom

Worth1 December 22, 2018 03:57 PM

No but hotdogs and liverwurst got my attention.:lol:

Worth

encore December 22, 2018 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
used a braunschwiger recipe, but didn't smoke it, can't see how smoke will penetrate a plastic casing anyways, so just call it liver sausage. made with deer liver and pork, ground it in the grinder first, then in the food prosesser a little at a time, came out pretty good but not as fine as i would like---tom

encore December 22, 2018 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a pic. hole in middle is from thermometer, another thing i'd do different is after stuffing is tamp it up and down on the counter a bit to get the air bubbles out. lol but it tastes good!---tom

Worth1 December 22, 2018 04:55 PM

Tom that looks fantastic.
My stuff has thermometer holes too.:)

Worth

encore January 10, 2019 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's how the ground venison and pork looks like coming out of the juicer lol, seems to work good for making hot dogs. lol---tom

MdTNGrdner January 10, 2019 02:48 PM

Looks like you're having so much fun, Tom; I never would have thought to put meats through a juicer! :D

encore January 10, 2019 09:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
going in smoker tomorrow---tom

whistech January 10, 2019 10:05 PM

Tom, great looking wieners! Looks like you are you using sheep casings? What size?

encore January 10, 2019 10:39 PM

yes think they were 24mm, would of prefered a little bit bigger tho.they were a little too snug on the 1/2 inch tube, so had to use the really small slim jim tube, which made it a bit tougher to fill. my other tube of casings were bigger, wish i would of grabbed those ones instead, thought they were all the same size. lol--tom

encore January 11, 2019 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
done! maybe too much smoke , color got a bit dark, but that's ok, just hanging to let bloom a bit then cut and in frig. lol--tom

whistech January 11, 2019 10:51 PM

Excellent!

Worth1 January 12, 2019 11:09 PM

Looks fantastic.

imp January 13, 2019 08:34 AM

encore, those look good! My Champion juicer looks very different than yours does, and would probably never handle meat at all. The juice part comes out of a spout and the vegetable matter is separated from the juice into another container. Haven't used it in many years, too messy to clean, LOL.