Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My first big haul of 2022 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=51484)

garden patch July 28, 2022 07:10 PM

My first big haul of 2022

1 Attachment(s)
I went into my garden yesterday and decided its time to pick my tomatoes this year has been a dry season in Toronto. I planted seven varieties this year .

Big Beef
Pink Berkeley Tie Dye
Big Rainbow
Cherokee Purple
Beefsteak
Opalka
San Marzano

MrsJustice July 28, 2022 08:04 PM

:yes:A Very Very Sophisticated Lineup of Big Tomatoes. Especially the Opalka. You have been Blessed this Summer "Garden Patch", Amen!!!! .:)

garden patch July 28, 2022 08:18 PM

It has been a strange season this year. I hope the weather cooperates for the rest of the season. Some rain is good for the crops, water has been a luxury this year.

MrsJustice July 28, 2022 08:34 PM

Trust me: I am wishing for rain as well here in my Historical Virginia. Rain makes the Tomatoes plants happy, Amen!!! Your Family members and neighbors will be coming soon to see you and eat your Beautiful Tomatoes.:yes:

Working with My Tomatoes Plants gives me so much Joy and pure Relaxation. But the heat is running me away with these dangerous high heat levels after about only 4 hours of work. But we are Blessed to have a Full Harvest as many of my friends and family have lost their Garden and Farm Harvest to the Hot Heat.

There are some very nice people in Canada, Amen!!

What is the weather like in Toronto?

KarenO July 28, 2022 09:07 PM

Lovely tomatoes.
KarenO

PaulF July 28, 2022 09:10 PM

NICE!

Dark Rumor July 28, 2022 10:31 PM

How long will your season last?

garden patch July 29, 2022 07:44 AM

I’m fortunate and blessed to have a harvest this season. I feel sad that people have lost this season to bad weather. If all goes well I believe September will be the cut off time for my tomatoes the cooler nights in Toronto seems to kill off my plants. I will be sharing my Harvest with friends and family MrsJustice. Toronto usually has a hot and humid summer, but Fall season starts a little early here.

MrsJustice July 29, 2022 11:32 AM

Are you growing any Winter Squash?

Thank you for sharing your Picture and Big Harvest with us "Garden Patch".

garden patch July 29, 2022 03:10 PM

I have some delicata, spaghetti squash and some pumpkins growing. I do plan to grow some butternut squash i hear they keep long.

MrsJustice July 29, 2022 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=garden patch;768747]I have some delicata, spaghetti squash and some pumpkins growing. I do plan to grow some butternut squash i hear they keep long.[/QUOTE]

Yes Butternut Squash, Cushaw Squash, and Crookneck Squash are very long keepers. But Delicata Squash will last you up to the First Winter with great flavor.

I am so proud of your Harvest, keep growing for your friends and family members, Amen!:).

Fred Hempel July 29, 2022 08:04 PM

Beautiful!

Yak54 July 29, 2022 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=garden patch;768723]I went into my garden yesterday and decided its time to pick my tomatoes this year has been a dry season in Toronto. I planted seven varieties this year .

Big Beef
Pink Berkeley Tie Dye
Big Rainbow
Cherokee Purple
Beefsteak
Opalka
San Marzano[/QUOTE]

Very nice pic of your different varieties !

garden patch July 30, 2022 07:10 AM

Thank you all for your replies. This is a wonderful community

Koala Doug July 30, 2022 02:31 PM

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond]That's a very nice haul... you should be proud![/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond]:)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/B]