Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Seed & Plant Sources (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Reimer Seeds for 2017 (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=44156)

Durgan March 4, 2017 04:18 PM

Reimer Seeds for 2017

Ordered dark tomato seeds from Reimer. I like the dark types for licing and juicing. Reimer gets bad mouthed on the internet, but I order from them periodically and have always been more than satisfied. I will start them indoors under LED lights around 20 plants.
TM734-10 Blue Fruit Tomato pk/10

Unshipped $2.50 1 TM116-20 Russian Black Tomato pk/20

Unshipped $2.50 1 TM330-20 Paul Robeson Tomato pk/20

Unshipped $2.50 1 TM13-20 Black from Tula Tomato pk/20

Unshipped $2.50 1 EXPEDITED Expedited Service

Non Shipping

Black River March 24, 2017 10:46 PM

I placed an order from them for the first time ever this year. Fast shipping, and I got very good germination rates on all tomato seeds.

beefyboy March 25, 2017 09:24 PM

They certainly do not answer questions when you ask them. They listed a pic of a tomato they were carrying which was not even the accurate pic of the tomato in question. They would not answer me about it. I have never seen so many poor reviews of a seed company in my entire lifetime. They obviously earned their lousy reputation!

Black River March 26, 2017 12:09 AM

The reason I ordered from them was I wanted to try some early determinates this year to try to beat the blight. They had a good selection of determinates. I'm pretty new to the tomato world, though, and their site was one of the first to come up when I Googled determinate tomato seeds...

Looks like they do have a lot of negative reviews, guess I just got lucky...

beefyboy March 26, 2017 09:30 AM

I am glad you did well Black River! their site is impressive and had an order planned out myself until one I wanted showed up with a pic that was not accurate. I wanted to make sure it was an innocent mistake and then never would give me the time of day. I went with jandlgardens and also a few with tomatogrowers. JandL is great and Lee is top notch, a small company with passion! Also when you get a free sample, it is top notch seed, not throw away garbage.

Durgan March 26, 2017 08:03 PM

My four types of tomato seeds ordered germinated on wet paper in about 7 days average, varying by several days.

beefyboy March 28, 2017 09:11 AM

When they turn out to be the correct variety, then i will be saying yah for ya Durgan. A big YAY at that.

MikeT_PDX April 9, 2020 01:29 PM

The worst, most unprofessional customer service I've ever encountered. Their response to my complaint about slow shipping turnaround time (verbatim from their email):

Every other seed company is dealing with the same high volume sales as many people are growing gardens in their backyards in case of a food shortage.

Many seed companies have shut down because of the coronavirus pandemic.

We give customers the option to add Expedited Service to the order if they need the seeds shipped out quickly, which you didn’t do.

You were made aware of the 3 to 10 business days when you placed the order, so don’t complain.

With your tone of voice and response, you are probably one of those pot-smoking liberal democrats from Oregon who complains about everything and blames everyone for their wrongdoings!

Customer Service

Description: LadyBugGifRegisteredTrademark175x75

dmforcier April 9, 2020 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=MikeT_PDX;755014]
" With your tone of voice and response, you are probably one of those pot-smoking liberal democrats from Oregon who complains about everything and blames everyone for their wrongdoings!" [/QUOTE]

:)):lol::twisted::twisted::twisted:

MissS April 9, 2020 06:15 PM

Oh my goodness. :surprised::shock::?::no::panic:

Spike2 April 10, 2020 11:09 AM

Oh my goodness is right! I placed my order and received it a couple of months ago. My order arrived promptly with no issues. But if that is how their customer service treats people, I will not order from them again.

kath April 10, 2020 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Spike2;755033]Oh my goodness is right! I placed my order and received it a couple of months ago. My order arrived promptly with no issues. But if that is how their customer service treats people, I will not order from them again.[/QUOTE]

Labradors2 April 10, 2020 07:42 PM

No kidding! Taking nastiness to new heights!

Linda

FarmerShawn April 11, 2020 09:08 AM

Looks like someone had a really bad day! Any chance we could see the nature/language of your complaint that solicited such a response?
I buy from Reimer frequently, and have always been well satisfied. But these are trying times...

Nan_PA_6b April 11, 2020 01:26 PM

I've bought from Reimer in the past and gotten 2 packet where not all seeds bred true. It wouldn't have made me stop using them, but this language would. Ditto Farmer Shawn, I'd like to see your complaint verbatim.