Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Peppers Hot and Sweet (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Urfa pepper seeds (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=33945)

lavanta September 23, 2014 09:38 PM

Urfa pepper seeds

Is there any interest here for Urfa pepper seeds? Please vote on the poll so I know how much to collect.

Thanks

heirloomtomaguy September 23, 2014 10:36 PM

Im interested. I can trade you some super hot seeds if you would like.

neoguy September 24, 2014 06:33 PM

I'd be interested if they are isolated. I could also trade some hots, super hots, milds and mediums.

Tracydr September 24, 2014 07:20 PM

I'd love to try it. I had to look them up but sounds delicious.

ginger2778 September 24, 2014 07:38 PM

I would really like to try them. Are they as good as they sound?

lavanta September 24, 2014 08:42 PM

Yes they are as good as advertised. OK, I am a little biased since I am Turkish, but they are among the best peppers out there. Not hot at all, but very flavorful.

chiefbeaz September 25, 2014 04:48 PM

They sound great to me, I would like to try them if you offer them.

paprika September 25, 2014 05:05 PM

I don't often post, but this pepper has really peaked my interest and I would love to give it a whirl. Gladly send you SESE or trade! Count me in and thanks for the kind offer!

Cole_Robbie September 25, 2014 06:47 PM

I voted yes as well. I think it sounds like a neat way to learn more about another culture.

matereater September 26, 2014 09:12 AM

Sounds interesting, I'd like to give them a try.

RobinB September 26, 2014 12:45 PM

I would also love to try them. Thanks for offering!

sicily September 29, 2014 08:33 AM

I'd also love to try them. I thought I had seeds but they turned out to be Aleppo not Urfa, I was disappointed and would like to keep trying for next season. I have many pepper varieties for a trade if you'd like, just p.m. me, thanks.

lavanta September 29, 2014 08:10 PM

OK TV folks... I will be able to start sending the seeds in two weeks, peepers have just matured and turned red. Send me a PM for SASE address. I will send a PM to the folks posted a reply.

lavanta September 29, 2014 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=sicily;433288]I'd also love to try them. I thought I had seeds but they turned out to be Aleppo not Urfa, I was disappointed and would like to keep trying for next season. I have many pepper varieties for a trade if you'd like, just p.m. me, thanks.[/QUOTE]

The color (deep deep purple), taste, and aroma of Urfa crushed peppers are quite different. Aleppo and Maraş are closer to each other IMHO. They are all great, I like Urfa with red meat, in particular with Adana Kebab. Maraş and Aleppo with eggs, poultry, soups.

lavanta October 7, 2014 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked a few, I will dry the seeds for a week before mailing.

[ATTACH]45790[/ATTACH]