Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Our City Garden *video* (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=15053)

ubergoober June 29, 2010 11:08 AM

Our City Garden *video*

Timmah wanted to hear the accent plus I needed to make a quick video of the progress to look back on anyhow so here it is :)

Yes my yard IS that small. City lots here are very teeny but we are making do. I still managed to get in 14 tomato plants lol.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/InfQWo70_ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/InfQWo70_ng&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Flame of Bodensee June 29, 2010 01:41 PM

Hi,

tiny tiny Garden but lovely :yes: , had to watch the video two Times to understand it all, well american accents are sometimes hard to understand for foreigns who thought they can talk English good enough. :))
Like i see all is good in your Place, healthy Plants some with little fruits on it.
The Siberia i had last year, but it didn't grow such big, cause the seed source never sayed it's a bush Mater and i thought it's indeterminate and got rid of the suckers :dizzy: , but it was a nice harvest with nice tastin Maters after all, it likes cold weather really. You and your Family have surely many Fun in the Garden, some People in Citys would dying for such a gardenplace here in Germany, they can only use the balcony when Sun and clear Air is enough there.

greetz Matthias

Timmah! June 29, 2010 01:54 PM

Very nice garden & space management. Everything looks nice & green & healthy. Think I detect somewhat of the kind of accent I hear when listenting to Prarie Home Companion? =D Seems more of a distilled enunciation with a difference in the inflection of 'O's. Guess the further south you go, the thicker the accent becomes.

If that's the average size of a back yard, don't think I can ever live in a big city. Be nice to see the development of your garden as the season progresses.

ubergoober June 29, 2010 03:41 PM

ahhh the accent is very much a mish mash of various Canadian accents....and no not all of them are the same. :) Born in the Maritimes, moved overseas to Germany, moved out west to the Canadian Prairies then out to Ontario where I am.

City lots here in my area are very small. I am itching to move out to the country though. I am a little tired of my postage stamp size of a lawn. But we make do with what we have I guess and hopefully I will be enjoying some tasty tomatoes later this summer.

To Matthias...I suppose it is hard to understand accents. It does not help when I talk fast either. I used to live in Germany as well many years ago. I would love to go back...beautiful country! As for the Siberian, yes I heard it is a bushier plant. Hopefully it will give me a taste of early tomatoes soon.

shlacm June 29, 2010 04:18 PM

How cute! As for "city lots" if you're really [I]in[/I] a city, then I'd say it's pretty good sized! Not bad at all! And you've done a lot with it.

remy June 29, 2010 04:30 PM

:lol: Some of the other Canadians like Penny, Wendy, or Zana would be thinking "what accent?" It is funny how strongly the border divides the accent.
You're plants look great and your daughter is a cutie.
Remy

dustdevil June 29, 2010 04:55 PM

You've done well with your space. I didn't notice any accent when you spoke.

ubergoober June 29, 2010 06:27 PM

[quote=shlacm;174615]How cute! As for "city lots" if you're really [I]in[/I] a city, then I'd say it's pretty good sized! Not bad at all! And you've done a lot with it.[/quote]

City of about 500,000...and growing FAST lol. I am sure it is probably closer to 650,000 since that was as of the last census I believe.

Gobig_or_Gohome_toms June 29, 2010 08:10 PM

Very nice video thanks for sharing the plants are looking great.

Craig

dokutaaguriin June 29, 2010 11:40 PM

Accent....sounds pretty normal to me, :lol.
Great video!
Jeff

Anthony_Toronto June 30, 2010 12:13 AM

I'm close by in Toronto, but I couldn't understand a word you said....crazy accent, must be 4/5ths newfie! However, your plants look great...and if you have any cod tongue suppliers close by, please let me know.

ubergoober June 30, 2010 08:29 AM

[quote=Anthony_Toronto;174668]I'm close by in Toronto, but I couldn't understand a word you said....crazy accent, must be 4/5ths newfie! However, your plants look great...and if you have any cod tongue suppliers close by, please let me know.[/quote]

LOL My husband swears he has NO Ontario accent and that there is none. I grew up in PEI so I do have a bit of the East Coast in there.

shlacm June 30, 2010 08:35 AM

I grew up in CA and say there is NO California accent... wonder if there are those who disagree? I've developed a hint of a Southern accent out here in VA though.

dustdevil June 30, 2010 10:08 AM

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][I]I noticed you don't speak with a Canadian dialect and don't use duct tape to hold your tomato plants on the stakes...[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][I]The Canadian citizenship test:[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=4][I]Spell Canada: C eh N eh D eh[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

ubergoober June 30, 2010 10:12 AM

[quote=dustdevil;174694][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]I noticed you don't speak with the Canadian dialect and don't use duct tape to hold your tomato plants on the stakes...[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]The Canadian citizenship test:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Spell Canada: C eh N eh D eh[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

lol Apparently you have seen the Red Green show lol.