Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   What is the Actinovate, Exel LG and molasses Ratio per gallon? (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=28701)

Dork Fish June 18, 2013 12:22 PM

What is the Actinovate, Exel LG and molasses Ratio per gallon?

Hi eveyone,

I have searched the threads but cannot seem to find the ratio for this.

Can someone please answer this for me?

ScottinAtlanta June 18, 2013 01:51 PM

Here are my notes, mostly from Ami:

Exel LG -- gauge your application rate to the stage of growth your plants are in. With younger plants, start off with 1 tablespoon (1/2oz) per gallon and increase it as the plant grows.

Black Strap Molasses 1 teaspoon per gallon as a sticker. Use 1 cup of hot water to dissolve the molasses and add to the gallon of water/Exel solution.

[FONT=&quot]
Actinovate: For normal application use ˝ -1 tsp per gallon of water. That is, 2 grams per gallon of water (or 1/2 teaspoon) is the recommended rate for the Actinovate solution, both for soil application and foliar spray.[/FONT]

Dork Fish June 18, 2013 02:19 PM

Awesome! Thank you

Weekly spray?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

TightenUp June 18, 2013 05:25 PM

i've been using

1/2 teaspoon actinovate
2 teaspoons exel lg
1 tablespoon molasses

i am gong to start using a little more actinovate and exel lg either next week or in 2 weeks. i will just make my 1/2 teaspoon of actinovate rounded at the top and maybe go up to 3 teaspoons of exel lg

Crandrew June 18, 2013 05:56 PM

I use:

1/2 teaspoon of actinovate
3 teaspoons of exel lg
1.5 tblespoons of molasses.

scottosan June 26, 2013 05:45 PM

Fungicide

I am a new member and have a fungus problem with my tomato plants here near the beach in Southern California. A friend recommended this site. I am going to try the Exel LG/Actinovate/Molasses solution. Maybe a dumb question but I want to make sure the three ingredients are mixed in the same one gallon of water? Thanks.

TightenUp June 26, 2013 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=scottosan;359020]I am a new member and have a fungus problem with my tomato plants here near the beach in Southern California. A friend recommended this site. I am going to try the Exel LG/Actinovate/Molasses solution. Maybe a dumb question but I want to make sure the three ingredients are mixed in the same one gallon of water? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yes and welcome. great site here

Crandrew June 27, 2013 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=scottosan;359020]I am a new member and have a fungus problem with my tomato plants here near the beach in Southern California. A friend recommended this site. I am going to try the Exel LG/Actinovate/Molasses solution. Maybe a dumb question but I want to make sure the three ingredients are mixed in the same one gallon of water? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Im about 5 min away in Newport.

-Fill a sprayer with .5gal of warm water
-Measure molasses and drop in.
-Seal and shake.
-Measure out 1/2 tsp of Actinovate drop in
-Measure 3-5 tbls of Excel LG and drop in
-Fill to the 1gal mark.
-Seal and shake shake shake.
-SPRAY away and shake ever so often.

Do not spray in direct sun, I normally wake up Sat mornings and spray before 10am and its fine. You could also spray in the afternoon but I dont like the girls going to sleep wet.

scottosan June 29, 2013 07:40 PM

Thanks

Wow, thanks for the detailed step by step instructions. I wish you wrote the manuals for my cell phone, computer, TV, etc.!

Dork Fish July 4, 2013 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=Crandrew;359293]Im about 5 min away in Newport.

-Fill a sprayer with .5gal of warm water
-Measure molasses and drop in.
-Seal and shake.
-Measure out 1/2 tsp of Actinovate drop in
-Measure 3-5 tbls of Exel LG and drop in
-Fill to the 1gal mark.
-Seal and shake shake shake.
-SPRAY away and shake ever so often.

Do not spray in direct sun, I normally wake up Sat mornings and spray before 10am and its fine. You could also spray in the afternoon but I dont like the girls going to sleep wet.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean 3 - 5 tsp's of Excel?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ScottinAtlanta July 4, 2013 11:25 PM

Andrea, he means tablespoons of Exel as he wrote. Good luck with your mixture - it really works.

RayR July 5, 2013 12:12 AM

4 tbsp (2oz) of Excel LG (Plant Doctor) should be the maximum dosage [B]per gallon[/B] of water for Tomatoes and Peppers. [URL="http://www.organiclabs.com/Images/LabelImages/Plant%20Doctor%20Back%20Label%20Booklet%20Instructions%20for%20Use.pdf"]Read the directions[/URL] for dosages and frequency of application for specific plants. Application on some plants are not to exceed a maximum number of applications per season. like Egg Plant and all Cucurbits (6 applications per season max)

JamesL July 5, 2013 06:23 PM

Ray,
Any idea why there is a seasonal restriction for curcubits but not for tomatoes?

RayR July 5, 2013 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=JamesL;361288]Ray,
Any idea why there is a seasonal restriction for curcubits but not for tomatoes?[/QUOTE]

The cells of different species of plants may react differently to certain concentrations of the Phosphite ion which is a stable molecule within the plant. The Phosphite ion (P03) is not metabolized or readily oxidized in the plant tissue like the Phosphate anion (P04) is, so basically the Phosphite ion just sits there in the plant as it is for a very long time. Applying too much or too frequently causes it to build up in the plant tissue and can confuse the plant cells into sensing there is plenty of Phosphorus availability even when it's starved for Phosphorus. Don't apply Excel LG to a plant that is suffering from Phosphorous deficiency, it can make the problem much worse.

JamesL July 5, 2013 10:33 PM

Good explanation, thanks.
Cations, anions, and bears oh my!
Knew I should have more attention in chemistry.....