Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   Photo Gallery (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   2011 - We love the pictures (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=18806)

g8shot1 June 24, 2011 12:20 PM

2011 - We love the pictures

3 Attachment(s)
We expanded from 6 tomato plants to 27 this year. In one bed we have Paul Robeson, Cherokee Purple, Black Krim, Black Pineapple and Matt's Wild. Some are chest height already.

Another bed of our has what we thought were a couple Mortgage Lifters but noticed while planting that the stake said Lily's Yellow. These are beasts of plants with huge flowers on them. We're excited to see how they turn out.

We have roma, black cherry, sungold cherry all in pots in our fenced in area, it's getting jungle like.

Our Squash, cucumber, beans, onions are all progressing nicely.

kath June 24, 2011 02:52 PM

...and we love to look at them.:) Always happy to hear that someone's quadrupled their tomato numbers.;) Happy to hear that everything is doing well so far. Things are looking good so far in our neck of the woods as well- we are fortunate compared to many who are struggling this year with cold, drought, floods, etc.

I grew Cherokee Purple, Black Krim, Black Pineapple, Black Cherry, Sungold and Matt's Wild Cherry last year and liked them all. Sungold made it back this year and we're trying Mortgage Lifter for the first time. Our squash, cukes and onions are doing just ok- lots of icky looking leaves this year and the onions are not sizing up as quickly as I think they should be. Tomatoes and peppers appear to be very happy, though.

g8shot1 July 16, 2011 10:25 AM

6 Attachment(s)
We seem to be two weeks behind compared to where we were last year at this time. I've noticed blossoms falling off too. Our first blush last year was a Black Krim on July 17th.

All our indeterminate's are between five and six foot tall and turning out flowers almost daily. They seem to be healthy and hardy but just not producing quite what I had last year.

First blurry pic is a couple of Paul Robeson's, overall these seem like they will be later than all the rest. Our first try with them.

Second is Cherokee Purple, they are turning out a decent amount of fruit, our first try with these too.

Third is Black Krim, our biggest producer last year and probably this year too.

Fourth is Black Pineapple, another first for us.

Fifth is one Roma of eight, most of them in pots. I've always been enamored with Roma's.

Last pic is Lillian's Yellow, no idea what it will be like, but they are big hardy PL plants.

Thankfully we have some hybrid sungolds to eat and our Matt's Wild Cherry's are turning.

g8shot1 July 16, 2011 11:27 AM

a bit of 2 raised beds

2 Attachment(s)
A partial pic of 2 raised beds

roper2008 July 17, 2011 11:26 AM

Very nice. Everything looks healthy.

g8shot1 August 6, 2011 10:24 AM

Some are ripe

2 Attachment(s)
Sungold, black cherry, Matt's Wild......

Black Krim and one Cherokee Purple. Largest Krim in the front is 11oz.

Our monster cucumber plant is about to yield its 70th cucumber of this season. I'm glad we didn't plant two :lol:

FILMNET August 6, 2011 11:33 AM

Very nice shot!!

kath August 6, 2011 10:46 PM

Nice photos! What kind of cucumber?

g8shot1 August 7, 2011 07:56 AM

The cukes are Marketmore 76 - they make great dill pickles. I also like them with shredded sweet onions in a dill cream sauce.

kath August 7, 2011 08:46 AM

I grew Marketmore 76 when I first had a garden decades ago and remember that they always did well for me. Tried the 86 and 97 (?) versions, too. May have to give them another try.

FILMNET August 7, 2011 11:44 AM

Ive given up waiting for tomato's this year. Today i pick any that have color, but them in a bag with apple, 3-4 days they are ready to eat. My Bran black heart's and Bran B/B boar's plants are all still green. My hearts are Huge now and with 1-2 inch's of rain today each maybe over 1 1/2 lbs each.These 5 were shot 8 days ago, or huge now, new shot tomorrow.
[IMG]http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/filmnet1/BradsBlackHeart.jpg[/IMG]

g8shot1 August 8, 2011 02:52 PM

Yum

1 Attachment(s)
Acquired a couple gallons of raw cow milk and made some mozzarella and picked some basil to have with this black krim and cherokee purple.

g8shot1 August 12, 2011 01:26 PM

Well -

1 Attachment(s)
Our plants have taken a beating over the last couple of weeks, I doubt anymore fruit will set on any of our heirlooms, other than cherry varities. This pic probably represents one third of what our heirlooms will produce.

We'll have a couple hundred Roma's though......

mossyoak August 13, 2011 12:29 AM

where can i get some black pineapple seeds?

Suze August 13, 2011 12:34 AM

[QUOTE=mossyoak;228386]where can i get some black pineapple seeds?[/QUOTE]

Tatiana has a list of vendors carrying Ananas Noire aka Black Pineapple in 2011 on her site, hope this helps.

[URL]http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Ananas_Noire#Seed_Availability[/URL]