Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Tomatoville® Gardening Forums (http://www.tomatoville.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   The sick mind behind Good Mind Seeds (http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=36069)

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 03:07 PM

The sick mind behind Good Mind Seeds

Skano, my name is Phil Seneca and I am a tomato breeder and seed keeper from Onodowaga nation, split by the US/canada border, a member nation of the Six Nations Haudenosaunee confederacy.

I center my seed keeping efforts around the preservation and restoration of staple indigenous food plants like corn, beans, squash, sunroot, sunflower, amaranth, apios, and others, and incorporate other crops from elsewhere in Turtle Island like tomato which has become a bit of an obsession for me.

Working on keeping precolumbian domesticated tomato gene pools adapted to modern diseases, incorporation of novel alleles from wild and species tomato introgression, expanding on the founder genetics of the OSU and striped cultivars, and micro-dwarf development are some of my top priorities next to basic selection of flavor and productivity.

Last year I released Grungy in the Sky Bicolor, which won 1st place at the 2014 Buffalo/Niagara annual tomato competition, for best tomato flavor overall. A collaborative effort, the late Valerie (Grungy) McMurray developed one of the parent lines, and the other was Skykomish developed by Tom Wagner, who preformed the original cross pollination between them. Since then I have been selecting for color, production, flavor, and inheritance of strong late blight resistance due to the homozygous recessive PH2 and PH3 genes from Skykomish. It seems that all of our mutual effort resulted in a future classic, something truly special. In addition to Grungy in the Sky I have recently released a number of other unique and exclusive cultivars which I hope you take the time to investigate at tatiana's TOMATObase.

I am grateful for the support I have received in my work with tomatoes and hope to find others here with interests similar to my own.

Onah ki wahi, skennen.
-Phil Seneca

peppero April 17, 2015 07:04 PM

Welcome to T'ville.

jon:yes:

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 07:12 PM

Grungy in the Sky Bicolor:

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]image deleted - M.[/COLOR] [/B]

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=peppero;465384]Welcome to T'ville.

jon:yes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jon!

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 07:13 PM

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Image deleted - M.[/COLOR][/B]

PhilaGardener April 17, 2015 07:28 PM

Welcome, Phil Seneca! You might want to post in the [URL="http://www.tomatoville.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67"]Seed and Plant Sources[/URL] part of the forum as well. We hope to see more of you here!

efisakov April 17, 2015 07:32 PM

Welcome to TV!

heirloomtomaguy April 17, 2015 08:18 PM

I retract my praise

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=efisakov;465406]Welcome to TV![/QUOTE]

im on TV!? lol

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;465416]Hello Phil I have purchased several tomato varieties from your website. You are one of the few seed vendors i will actually buy from. Glad to see you made your way to tomatoville. Welcome and hello from a fellow preserver/breeder.[/QUOTE]

wow thanks for the high praise tomaguy. im glad to be here too.

efisakov April 17, 2015 08:58 PM

TV is short for Tomatoville...

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=efisakov;465430]TV is short for Tomatoville...[/QUOTE]

the only "TV" that matters! (or maters for that matter)

heirloomtomaguy April 17, 2015 10:14 PM

Hey Phil One Quick Question

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry to put you on the spot but is this you in both the picks.

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 10:18 PM

no you can tell by the mustache that it is clearly my evil twin.

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 10:24 PM

now that you have exposed me i may as well put a link to the article the photograph is from
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]
link deleted - M.[/COLOR][/B]

heirloomtomaguy April 17, 2015 10:37 PM

Why do you assume he is evil? I had another link from the "guy" on the right. I sure hope you are truthful because the guy on the right is one racist, baker creek, and Tomatoville HATER! Here are the links i found
[url]https://m.prod.facebook.com/turtleislander/posts/10203943329082109[/url]
[url]https://m.facebook.com/nativeappropriations/posts/10201186783930203[/url]
[url]https://m.facebook.com/turtleislander/posts/10201383308643198[/url]

PhilSeneca April 17, 2015 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=heirloomtomaguy;465466]Why do you assume he is evil? I had another link from the "guy" on the right. I sure hope you are truthful because the guy on the right is one racist, baker creek, and Tomatoville HATER! Here are the links i found
[url]https://m.prod.facebook.com/turtleislander/posts/10203943329082109[/url]
[url]https://m.facebook.com/nativeappropriations/posts/10201186783930203[/url]
[url]https://m.facebook.com/turtleislander/posts/10201383308643198[/url][/QUOTE]

can you please stop stalking me and posting public insults please.

heirloomtomaguy April 17, 2015 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=PhilSeneca;465472]can you please stop stalking me and posting public insults please.[/QUOTE]

Nice try truth hurts. Good day from a former customer.

PhilSeneca April 18, 2015 12:07 AM

if you have a problem with the politics of the videos on my website, or with my personal life which you are invading, please do not share them here, which i assume is intended to be a safe environment for all kinds of people to share information and seeds.

please keep the talk centered around tomatoes, instead of personal attacks.

heirloomtomaguy April 18, 2015 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=PhilSeneca;465500]if you have a problem with the politics of the videos on my website, or with my personal life which you are invading, please do not share them here, which i assume is intended to be a safe environment for all kinds of people to share information and seeds.

please keep the talk centered around tomatoes, instead of personal attacks.[/QUOTE]

How a person is in their personal life says alot about their character. That same character, whether intentional or not, will shine through in your business practices sooner or later. Everyone has their right to be who they want to be it's who we choose to be in life that matters. For me the people of Tomatoville are more than just screen names talking about tomatoes. We are a community of tomato lovers who also build relationships with one another. These relationships are built on honesty, trust, and acceptance. This is what makes this online community special. I am just trying to protect what all of us have worked to make great. I do not mean to invade any privacy but once hatred is put on the internet its no longer private but quite public. I hope you can understand where i am coming from and someday change your point of view. It saddens me in this day and age that someone could be so close minded and negative. Good luck in your seed business for today you lost a customer.........besides i thought your evil twin was not you anyways, but then again it turns out he was.:no:

PhilSeneca April 18, 2015 12:58 AM

like i said please do not use this space to attack my character but instead to discuss tomatoes. am i a racist in your eyes for working to preserve and restore the culture of my people? please do not spread libel.

PhilSeneca April 18, 2015 01:21 AM

if fighting for the survival of my nation and culture is wrong, then i don't want to be right. please help support indigenous farmers in our efforts to keep our seeds from destruction. please do not attack us or stalk us for being born to different races and nations than your own, or for having political views that include a future for indigenous peoples.

heirloomtomaguy April 18, 2015 02:05 AM

Im all for preserving indigenous nations. Many of my good friends, people who i have known all my 33 years, are native to this land. I grew up in a small town of 3600 people many of which have been here long before my family. I appreciate you preserving the seeds of your elders and forefathers. What i don't like is how you spread hate. The links i posted worked fine until you deleted them only proving that you were in fact the evil twin who posted all the hate. Im done bickering back and forth twist it how you will but you will never change who you are. BUYER BEWARE!

PhilSeneca April 18, 2015 02:18 AM

i didn't come here to be scrutinized by your judgments of my personal life which you have invaded, posting copyrighted private photographs and libel. what spurred your initial quest to stalk me and invalidate me on a personal level? what made me different than other members of tomatoville? can you please stop singling me out and attacking me for not being from the same culture as you. i deserve to be here too. please keep the discussion about tomatoes, not about whether or not you like me or my politics.

heirloomtomaguy April 18, 2015 02:24 AM

There you go always rooting back to our cultural differences. Spoken like a true bigot. Pathetic! One last quote from your facebook post before im done. And i quote you "Tomatoville is a tomato forum that is a den of bigots and pro-GMO cave dwelling corporate shills." Im surprised you would want to be here with us cave dwellers. Good night.

PhilSeneca April 18, 2015 02:39 AM

im sorry you think our cultural differences make me bigoted, but i assert that my cultural differences should be allowed to exist, and that they bear no justification for your attacks on my character or your attempts to hinder my work restoring the culture of my people. please do not stalk and attack native american farmers for having different politics than you have. i deserve to be here too regardless of your opinions of my personal life. i wish i could participate here without being attacked.

Mischka April 18, 2015 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=PhilSeneca;465514]im sorry you think our cultural differences make me bigoted, but i assert that my cultural differences should be allowed to exist, and that they bear no justification for your attacks on my character or your attempts to hinder my work restoring the culture of my people. please do not stalk and attack native american farmers for having different politics than you have. i deserve to be here too regardless of your opinions of my personal life. i wish i could participate here without being attacked.[/QUOTE]

Mischka April 18, 2015 11:47 PM

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Speaketh with forked tongue much, ke-mo sah-bee? That PC cultural differences crap doesn't fly here when it's used as an excuse to denigrate others. Put THAT in your peace pipe and smoke it. [/B][/COLOR]

Mojave April 19, 2015 02:05 AM

What a two faced fraud! What the heck was that all about? :x

Thanks guys for exposing this fellow, I was lost for a while there.

Waiting April 19, 2015 02:15 AM

I kept looking over my shoulder expecting to see Rod Serling.

Mojave April 19, 2015 02:25 AM

[QUOTE=Waiting;465808]I kept looking over my shoulder expecting to see Rod Serling.[/QUOTE]

:D
[url]https://youtu.be/-b5aW08ivHU[/url]